help me please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! im new here and i need answers asap!!!!

i have a baby boy beardie who i just got like 2 months ago, he is my favorite lil guy in the world, which is why is breaking my heart seeing him like this.. so this morning i took out michaelangelo so i can clean his tank. Well he decides to take the leap of death because he jumped right outta my hand and landed right to the floor on his back :( tile floor at that. I quickly picked him up and right away i knew hewas injured. I put him on my bed and he started walking but with a limb and he is dragging his back legs. I put him in warm water to soothe the pain away and maybe to help him poop cuz oddly he hasnt pooped since yesterday. I gave him mealworms like i do everyday, twice a day and hes not eating them. Idk what to do. Hes walking around the tank but still dragging his back legs. The vet is expensive so maybe there is a home remedy to help him. I dont want to him. Please help. Ih fyi all his uv lighting and calcium are in order and good.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
I know vets are expensive, but he has a serious injury and it's the only way. Please let us know how he is doing!

yellababii07

Original Poster
I will thank you. I know im asking to see if anybody can help with the vet money cuz money is tight right now!!! i just finished hand feeding him.

zackbeardieowner

Hatchling Member
you need to get him to the vet if he is seriously injured and maybe he hash pooped since mealworms shouldn't be fed to beardies especially at that age due to their hard exo skeleton good luck with your baby :wink:

yellababii07

Original Poster
So mealworms are bad?? i havent had a with mealworms, hes been eating them since i got him, along with crickets and calcium pellets

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Mealworms just aren't very nutritious and the hard shells can cause impaction. A better alternative for smaller dragons is phoenix worms and for dragons over 16'' or so, superworms are good.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Good luck with your little one. Definitely see if you can get him seen by a vet, thought it may be expensive some vets offer care credit or take payment plans. Its possible he hurt his spine when he fell and they may need to take x-rays.

How are his colors, is his beard blackening? Does he respond at all when you touch his toes or his tail?

yellababii07

Original Poster
His tail is alil bit black at the tip and his beard, but to me he is acting the same, still tries biting me, he jist not eating so i have to hand feed him now

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Were you able to get in touch with a vet? Is he still dragging his legs? When I got my beardie 2 years ago someone told me to put something in her viv that had our smell on it so she could get used to us. I took a pillowcase and folded it up a few times. Within a few days she was letting us hold her and to this day never once tried to bite. Just a suggestion. :) Care Credit is a great thing! It is pet health insurance. Vets are very expensive, I know. I had to have my beardie spayed just over 2 months ago and it was more than I ever thought it could be, but it had to be done. In your case, the fact that he is trying to bite could be that he is in alot of pain. If he is dragging his back legs, there is probably a spinal injury.

As far as what to feed and what not to, here is a list. I bookmarked it years ago, it's a good thing to hold onto. :)

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom