Help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.

missnikki

IS THERE AN ANIMAL RESCUE PLACE NEAR RED DEER ALBERTA. EDMONTON OR CALGARY AS WELL. NEED ONE ASAP. my friend has a leopard gecko that grew a lump on the side of its face in two days. isnt eating and his eyes are swollen shut. she got it dumped on her cuz the people who had him before were gonna put him outside to die. I dont have the money to take him to the vet. any help would be ecxtremely appreciated.

missnikki

Original Poster
okay so i have been looking around and it looks like it is an abcess. it came in the last two days. is there anything i can do ??? It is 11pm here and i have to wait til morning to be able to talk to the vet. but i am extremely worried about this guy.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sorry, Im not very knowledable about geckos so I can't help too much.

Have you tried looking in the phone book for any rescue shelters? Maybe even trying to google some might help.

It doesn't really sound like there is anything you can do for the gecko right now, unfortunately. It is probably best to just try to not worry about the little guy and try to find somewhere tomorrow, or call the vet tomorrow and see what can be done.

-Brandon

missnikki

Original Poster
so no rescue places are calling me back. I have been giving him pedialyte mixed with some baby food just to get food in his stomach. one less thing he has to deal with poor little guy. I talked to the vet this morning and they confirmed it was an abcess. they wanted me to bring him in but i dont have the money. i feel so bad. i had some stuff happen lately and i even gave away all my dragons except for one. :( does anyone know if the spca accepts reptiles if they are brought to them???? there is an spca in red deer and if i could bring him to them i will. I feel so bad for not being able to help this guy. it breaks my heart and i dont want to dump him off but i dont know what else to do!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I know of someone in Red Deer but I am here in the US. I don't know about the rescues up that way, but I am going to contact this person to see if maybe they can help you out.

Tracie

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
I am in red deer but unfortunately I cannot afford any more vet bills at the moment with 3 of my pets undergoing extensive treatment... There is the SPCA they will say they can't take it but just tell them you will be leaving it in their vestibule ( space between the outdoor and indoor doors)they have no choice but to take it. I had to do this with them before.

Hopefully this helps!

Kalyn

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
I pmed you, also you spoke with dr. Higgins then correct? He is the best Herp vet I've been able to find in our area.

Kalyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom