Help! Is beardie sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funmom

Our beardie is about 5 years old. The last few months he has gotten more aggressive when we go to feed him like he's starving to death and he looks thin with saggy skin. We are feeding him every other day now alternating with greens and crickets-gut-loaded and dipped in calcium or multi-vitamin. Once you pick him up he's fine. Not sure what's going on. He's pooping ok and it looks normal. Just not sure if he is not getting enough to eat and if he's to thin.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, is this the usual amount that you've been feeding him for a while now ? If he acts like he's lunging for the food + looking thin then maybe he needs more food. If his weight loss is sudden, have a fecal exam done to check for parasites. And can you post a few pics of him ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to attach pics

funmom

Original Poster
Since he was an adult we were feeding him like every 3 days. When he acted like he was starving we went back to every other day. He doesnt always eat all the greens I give him so i figured he was getting enough. We also give him a couple of super worms every so often. I dont know how many crickets he should be eating in one feeding. Let me get some pictures uploaded.

funmom

Original Poster
He just doenst seem to gain any weight so if he looks good, maybe were just not feeding him enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom