HELP!! I really need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
I really really need some advice.
My baby bearded dragon Virgil, is not eating normally. My friend whom I got whom I got him from says I can exchange him if I want to because there are a few others that are not growing properly like he is... So I have had him for over a month now and he has only gotten about an inch longer and a few grams heavier and now has stopped eating. If I were to give him back to her, I would not want another baby. I would want an adult, with good feeding habits...should I give Virgil more time? Do you think he might be burmating (i cant spell). He only eats about 5 worms in 3 days they are the large phoenix worms. He is roughly 7 inches long and 8 grams... He is sleeping allot too.

Sakari on the other hand eats about 8-10 before he is done and then he eats another 8-10 in the evening. He is getting big and fat! 8 inches and 17 grams... my fat boy.

LLLReptile

Juvie Member
Can you describe your setup? Are the two dragons being housed together?

We need a little more info to help you out :)

-Jen

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Are the two dragons being housed together?
No there is only one per cage. The large dragon I described is in a 50 gallon and Virgil is in a 40.
Can you describe your setup?
Virgil's Set up:
40 gallon breeder tank
Slate stone substrate (tile)
Probe thermometers: 90 on hot side 78 on the cool side
Infrared reads 106.2 for the surface temp of the basking spot.
Climbing materials consist of drift wood and a perch from petsmart.
He has a
He has fake vines that he sleeps in every night.
He has a water dish in his cage to keep his humidity around 20-25%
I bathe him about 4-5 times per week. If he is shedding its about 5-7
His UVB is an Arcadia+d3 T8 bulb which was recommended to me by Tom Goode. He is the owner of Light Your reptile...I think.
Sakari and Virgil have the same set up pretty much. I will include pictures.

This is Virgil's setup

This is Sakari's setup

This is Virgil

This is Sakari

I included the pictures of them for size comparison.

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
[I can't see the pictures]

But, your setup sounds OK. Have you had a fecal done on him? He could have a bad case

of parasites. You're right, he should be eating much much more than that and growing

like a little weed at this point. That he is not really does point to a potentially serious issue.

A vet visit is definitely in order.

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, after 3 days of no food intake except for what i forced into him this morning, Virgil just laying on the floor of the cage we gave him back to our friend who is going to try and save him and maybe even keep him herself. I am upset but I never let myself get to attached until they thrive. So its not hitting me as hard as it would if i lost Sakari. I cleaned and sanitized the cage because I do plan on getting another.
Forever in my heart,
mommy loves you
Virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom