Help! I need a mount for my 24' UVB bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHandFilms

Sub-Adult Member
If your local hardware store couldn't help you, then they are worthless. It's just a florescent fixture. Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and tell them you need a 24 inch T-12 fixture. If you get one of the cheap utility ones you wire yourself, it will be about $10. Ask them and they will tell you how and show you what you need to wire it.

Hoxy

just go back to pet mountain (or really anywhere else) and get a light fixture for it that is 24". They have them on pet mountain but you can probably get them cheaper at lowes or home depot for less like makunouchi said

mishelly58

Hatchling Member
I bought my fixture at home depot it cost about $10. I know that lowes has them too. Just make sure that it is not one that has to preheat before the light goes on. :)

makunouchi

Original Poster
Well they told me that the bulb was too fat to fit into the fixtures they had. I actually did go to a Home Depot. I literally went in with the bulb and asked them if they had anything that fit it. I'll tell them that I need a fixture for a t12 and see how that goes.

RedHandFilms

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, that just sounds like that one employee might not know what they're doing. Look around, the boxes will say T-12 on them. I got both my 24" and 48" T-12s at Lowe's. Home Depot should have basically the same stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom