HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
My female beardie i just got awhile ago. She was really under weight and kinda sick looking i took her in and she was eating good and then she stopped eating. Well I cam home and she was laying eggs, they were all infertile! Well she has three still in her and I know she is down laying them. I think she is egg bound and I was wondering if there was anyway I could help her not die from it!!!!

PLEASE anyone help me!!!

Seven65

Juvie Member
Is she in a lay box? If not you should make one, there are instructions somewhere around here but I can't find them. Basically just get some sort of tub and fill it with about a foot of damp sand and dirt.

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no lay box she already laid all but one egg, i have her in a bath with warm water and she has already passed 2. she had already laid 15 before i found her

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
how is she today ? you will need to offer her calcium, and warm baths until she passes that egg. also a trip to the vet might be in order, as they can either xray or ultrasound her to see what is happening.
janie.

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i just checked her and looks like she might have passed the laast egg that was in her. ill have to give her another bath and rub her belly and make sure

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I have found out she LOVES squash! BUt only if I hand feed her. Which is fine by me as long as she is eating. She is acting normal. She passed all the infertile eggs. Her fat pads seem to look like there kinda filling in. I am so glad she is eating now! I have also been feeding her phoenix worms. Which I was told is really good for her!

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Wow how old is she? Asking because we recently just found out that we need to keep an eye on our Twitchie in case she does need a lay box. Is she feeling better?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I have just had to go through the same ordeal! im so glad all is well again! For future reference, a lay box is very important as they will not lay if there isnt a nice place to do it. I large container filled with sand/soil (top soil not the kind with chemicals/fertilizers) a 10-20gal cage will do. Put a heat sorce above, and leave her two it! It may take a few days.

The signs of being egg bound include digging, but not producing eggs, showing stress marks, straining to expell an egg. Giving the baths and tummy rubs is a good thing to help things along.

How is she doing now??

Buggsy

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am not sure to her age, I got her from a reptile store so she could be any age. She is 18 1/2 inches so I know she is most likely over a year or 2 so.

Yes lay boxes are good, she would have had one if I have some idea she would lay eggs! I used potting soil and put some vermiculite in it and made it moist enough to hold shape so if she was to dig like a tunnel she could and it would collapse!

She is great, eats great, doesnt show any of those signs. So im guessing she passed them all. She is acting normal again!

I got her to pass the eggs that would come by a nice warm bath and belly rub!

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Cool! So glad she's feeling better and to have the extra advice we'll be keeping an eye on Twitchie! Got any pics for us???

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
PICT1595.jpg

Starr is the one on top.....she loves my other female.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Im sorry to say the stacking ontop of each other is not a sign of love, but of dominance. Again, i would separate them, but that is opinion only from what people have been reccomended on this site.

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
They are very pretty! But yes I would agree they should be separated. It's some extra $$ in the beginning, some extra space and maintenance, but in the end safer and happier beardies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom