HELP HELP! She's gone on a food strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovepeanut

Original Poster
Update!

We have some success! Peanut has begun to notice her crickets again and is gradually starting to eat on her own again. :blob5: :blob8:
Since I replaced her Powersun and am using a CHE on her through the night she's found her appetite again.

Now I just have to fatten her up again.. Any suggestions on the best way to do that??
I'm going to feed her some phoenix worms to get added calcium back into her system. I wish those weren't so expensive down here. $8+ for 100 which she'll eat in like a day or two. :roll:

Thanks for everyone's help! Hopefully it's all uphill from here! :D

renich

Juvie Member
that is wonderful news! :blob5:
give her time. with a proper diet and evvironment, she'll fatten up in no time.

ilovepeanut

Original Poster
Yes! I really hope so too!

I just put Peanut in her feeding tank with some new crickets and she went nutty for them. She ate 20+ crickets in under a minute or two time. :D
I'm sooo happy!!! She's currently eating a second round at the moment with my boyfriend watching her. She's eating them like it's her last meal of her life now, haha.
The simple things in life that make you happy... She's making me so proud.

We have the same problem with Athena. She suddenly stopped eating and became very sluggish. Not as active as she was. Her weight is good and her color is fine. But after taking her to a herp vet, the x-rays showed that she may be producing eggs. Apparently female beardies do not have to mate in order to produce eggs. Her calcium levels are high but her white blood count is good. This combined with the changing weather could be the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom