Help help pls I have a bad rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisafosc

Hatchling Member
Hey great work ur doin there! Also looking forward to see how he progresses. I know it kinda diff, but i noticed you were feeding him baby food, well whilst I've been nursing a sick beardie back to health, to help him to regain some weight bck, I ground some juv dragon chow pellets up into a fine powder, in my coffee bean grinder, i add a spoonfull of the powder to 2x spoonfulls of baby food, which has worked a treat, also add the calcium or nutrobal. Another thing u could add is some acidophiluz+. One of my dragons became addicted to any type of worm but would not eat locust or dubia, after around 9 days his appetite was great and he would eat any thing that moved lol!

Good luck

mrstuart75

Hatchling Member
oh this breaks my heart to hear how he was living!!! :(

Please keep everyone posted, I have to know he grows big and strong like he deserves!!! you are amazing for taking him in and giving him what he needs to grow!

Danielle4

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone I have to share credit with my cousin also he is living with her we are sharing the cost and he has a tank at my house and hers since he is here so often :). He is a fighter becoming very active and loves to be held. He is starting to like his salad a little more than worms or crickets but I'm hoping that he gets better at eating out of a dropper because I'm going to start making my own baby food with ground worms and all. As long as he grows we don't care I think he may be a "green" bd but it is to hard to tell with his size.

I was thinking of how to show his true size because he really is the size of a hatchling I believe. And he is just a tade longer than a cigerett lighter. :( but I will post pics soon my daughter broke my camra....

Be sure to search for my babies princess and chaos they have been a mess to. I think they are all worth it so I don't mind the chaos lol

Danielle4

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I will have new pics put up tomorrow lynch is doing great. Just a tad under 6 in. Hard to believe that he should be twice that, oh well he is growing and does better every day.

Danielle4

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just thought I would give a little update and I hope to have some new pics up in a few days. Lynch is doing great he is almost 10in long now and eating more each week. I have found out that he is blind in one eye, I think it is from improper UVB light. I don't remember what the light was called but it was a large round fixture with a round ubv light and you could put a heat bulb in the center. However he is doing great now I will post some new pics this weekend. I have just been super busy with school lately.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Poor baby :cry:
I'm glad that he's in your care now, he's so precious :love5:
Can't wait to see new pics of the little guy! :D

Danielle4

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
april8lynch.jpg

this is from 5/4 he is 11 months
250309_1763384326317_1290370630_31561467_7823212_n.jpg

his favorite
248922_1763377686151_1290370630_31561458_2582260_n.jpg

this is how we find him
246689_1763385126337_1290370630_31561470_4172576_n.jpg

7 1/2 in here 5/15
216998_1665101869317_1290370630_31428969_4544456_n.jpg

hello everyone 5/15
216280_1665102429331_1290370630_31428973_782649_n.jpg

8 in 5/24 loves wax worms
208259_1665094029121_1290370630_31428939_3338892_n.jpg

no more ribs and he has some meat :D
208245_1665091589060_1290370630_31428929_5881894_n.jpg

mid wave 8 1/2in 6/4
Well I can't seem to find anymore pics right now but as of today 6/20 he is near 9 3/4in. He is growing like a weed :lol: He has been a huge challenge we are still feeding him 3 times a day. He does not really eat anything but wax worms and a few crickets, loves carrots and greens. I will take some more pics this week and get them up. I will try to keep up on the post now that schools is slowing down a little. Please check out my other post about Princess and Chaos that I will be adding new pics tonight too. Thanks everyone
206261_1665093469107_1290370630_31428937_3507546_n-1.jpg

Can you find Lynch? :D

Danielle4

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just wanted to update again... Lynch is about to do another full body shed he is growing like crazy he just shed his whole body a few weeks ago. I could not be happier he has become a big snuggle baby too :D I will measure him after his shed today he was just shy of 10in and he will be a year old the end of Aug I believe (best guess from what the pet store told his first owner)

Thanks everyone for checking up on him, he has been hard work but it is worth it seeing him grow and become very active.

Danielle4

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well a little update for everyone Lynch is no longer "she" is Now going to be known as Nila :D. I know I was shocked to find out that she had a period of 6 weeks where she shed 2 times and then just the tip of her tail. Then cutting her nails one day I looked and what do you know she is a girl.

She is doing great eating good, loves to run around her tank and snuggle at any point in the day. :D I will get some new pics up soon my cousin went to TN for a few weeks and took her down there with her. I know she shed again when she got down there I could not be happier with her growth compared to when we got her.

Hope everyone is ready for school to start I have one going into kindergarten and one going into 2nd :p

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Well, this is a feel good story for sure! Kudos to you for helping that cutie have a happy and healthy life!
Look forward to future updates and photos.

Suzanne

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
suzjohnson":19lakddo said:
Well, this is a feel good story for sure! Kudos to you for helping that cutie have a happy and healthy life!
Look forward to future updates and photos.

Suzanne

Update?

And hello fellow UT forum goer. :wink:

Danielle4

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks to everyone who reads this i miss my lil girl but she will be back in a few days . I guess she loves the TN weather. I'm trying to get another bd this weekend off craigs list. Guy says he is healthy year in a half old but is still in a 10 gallon tank???? Makes me want to slap the crap out out of people. Never had a UV light. Not sure about feeding yet I'm trying to stay "calm" bc I want to help this lil guy. I just don't have the $100 he is asking for it so I'm gonna try to talk him down when I Nicely explain that he is a ***** and should have done research.

But anyways new pics of nila coming as soon as she is back home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom