Help He Puked!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieGuru8

Hatchling Member
I fed Brutus gold mealworms last night for dinner. When I came home at 8 tonight, I found that he had puked them all up. I'm worried that he is sick, but could he have just eaten too much? I would Iappreciate any comments or information on this matter. Thanks, Brock

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
It is possible that he ate too much, but it could also be other things. It could be lack of proper temps for digestion, or maybe the beardie is too small for supers.
What are your viv temps and how old and big is your beardie?

BeardieGuru8

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well they were not supers, just smaller mealworms, the temps are averaging around 100 degrees near the basking site, which is where he spends most of his time......he' is close to 8 months old

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I would avoid those, since they have a large amount of phosphorus, hard chitin that is difficult to digest, and basically no nutrients worth dealing with impaction.

You can use, silk worms, phoenix worms, crix, roaches and supers (once he is 14" long or more nose to tip of tail), as staples.

Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom