Help! He ate a whole pencil eraser!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pls help! Cal was being silly and tried to eat a plastic golf pencil before i could stop him. He obviously couldnt eat the whole pencil, but he managed to eat the eraser!! I tried to get it out of his mouth with no success, so he chewed and swallowed the whole thing :( it was a little less than a centimeter long and about half a centimeter in diameter. It was quite an old eraser too. What can we do to help him? Will it harm him?

ruben0311

Juvie Member
not sure on the chemical composition of the eraser however it shouldnt be toxic... as far as how to help him pass the item make sure the temperatures are nice and hot, above 100 F for basking, and make sure he his properly hydrated. massages in warm baths will help the eraser along IF it gets past his stomach... he may also just throw it up if it wont digest.

pogonavitticeps

Original Poster
Thank you! He just pooped earlier today so I guess itll be a long wait :( will it be ok to feed him in the meantime? Hes obviously pretty hungry. What would you recommend feeding him to help it pass?

ruben0311

Juvie Member
I'd wait to see what one of the other more experienced owners suggest as far as whether or not to feed... possible issue could be that it may cause a build-up within the intestinal tract but definitely having increased fluids... diluted fruit juice, olive oil or high fiber foods would assist as mild laxatives... but maybe wait till someone else comments on that. I'd think that with the size of the item it wont be a problem though.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....I agree, just keep him hydrated and fed. That will keep his digestive tract moving things along. It should pas through easily, may not come through on the first b.m, but it should come out soon enough with no problem. :)

ruben0311

Juvie Member
i just re-read your first post about the size of the eraser... if you did mean cm and not inches then hes good, unless he's like a hatchling then you got nothing to worry about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom