Help.....hand caught in mouse trap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WYAmanda

Hello...I am new here and have only had my little guy about a month. Well tonight I had him out holding him while I was watching tv on the couch. He scurried onto the back of the couch and fell behind the couch where there just happened to be a mouse trap, and before I could get the couch out and get him he got his front hand snapped by the trap! I don't know what to do! I'm freaking out!

Musicmeg

That is awful. Poor little guy. He really should be taken to a vet. Especially if he appears to be injured. Does he use the hand at all? If it is just the hand he will likely be fine long term as long as he is under a vet's care for any complications.

WYAmanda

Original Poster
No it's more like his whole arm! :( he is getting around and caught crickets. I can't get into a vet until tomorrow. What exactly do they do for something like that? And my vet is 45 minutes away. Will he be ok for 5 ish hours in something without a heat lamp?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't know if you can post from an ipad, maybe someone else knows. Is he using the leg ? Is it swelling ? If so it's probably broken and need a qualified vet. If it doesn't swell and he can get around O.K then may have escaped serious harm. You say that he chased after some crickets ?

WYAmanda

Original Poster
It is not swelling, he is not using it; just drags as he moves around. He is getting around good and chasing after crickets. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Not acting weird besides a dragging arm. I will have to try to get a photo on my camera if I can't get the iPad to work. I am also working on finding a vet. Not sure there is one close by!

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
You should be able to post via iPad. I know photobucket has an app you can download and upload it to there and then copy the url and post here.

WYAmanda

Original Poster
Toddzilla1108":3829cjwt said:
You should be able to post via iPad. I know photobucket has an app you can download and upload it to there and then copy the url and post here.

Sweet, I'm going to work on that! Thanks

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, poor baby! That had to have hurt though. :cry:
Definitely get him in to the vet for an x-ray. If it is broken, they can immobilize it to help it heal & hopefully it will heal up relatively straight.
At least he is still eating & getting around though.

Let us know how he is doing & what the vet says.

Tracie

WYAmanda

Original Poster
Update.....I took him to a vet they X-rayed it and it is broken. They emailed the X-rays to the closest herp vet to us and I am calling them tomorrow to find out what we need to do. Might have to make the three hour drive to bring him in! Keep thinking good thoughts for Dilly!

WYAmanda

Original Poster
And I am still working on getting pictures posted...lol I think I am giving up on the iPad. I can't download the photobucket app!

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
WYAmanda":3bwf5eic said:
And I am still working on getting pictures posted...lol I think I am giving up on the iPad. I can't download the photobucket app!

If I remember correctly there's an app specifically for forum browsing called tapatalk. I believe it has photo/video uploading capabilities and is for the iPad. I think it was a little bit wonky for navigating (not the most well made app), but it's function for uploading should work

Let me know if that works out (or just post the pics I guess).

Hope your little guy is doing okay

WYAmanda

Original Poster
Toddzilla1108":xzgjexw9 said:
WYAmanda":xzgjexw9 said:

If I remember correctly there's an app specifically for forum browsing called tapatalk. I believe it has photo/video uploading capabilities and is for the iPad.

Let me know if that works out (or just post the pics I guess).

Hope your little guy is doing okay

Ok I'm gonna try that! I just have the iPad or my camera. I was going to get some pictures taken using my camera today but with the vet trip and everything else going on today I spaced it, and he is sleeping now! He is a trooper, still such a happy little guy and doesn't act like he is phased by his broken arm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom