HELP!!! HALF MY EGGS ARE STUCK TOGETHER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

juzzaman

Hi. My beardy today laid 22 eggs. Of which i got 10 singles, one double and about 10 stuck together!!

Should i try seperate the 10 or just put the whole ten in the incubator?

Im really worried il lose alot of those 10 and some arent "that" stuck together..

Quick reply would be great

Thanks

Justin

rottnbull02

Hatchling Member
Hi Justin,

First take a deep breath. I would stick them into the incubator until you hear from one of the more experienced breeders. I know with snake eggs they are supposed to be stuck together, but dragon eggs are not like that. You also could try calling a breeder for a quicker response.

Stephanie

juzzaman

Original Poster
Thanks for the time :)

Yeah little worried as i dont wanna lose any :'( let alone 1/2 are stuck :/

Thanks

Justin

lemmons

how long ago did your dragon lay? i'm not exactly an experienced breeder (first lot due to hatch any day!) but my second lot i was away overnight when she laid them and a few were stuck together i think because they'd been compressed together with all the soil and theres bound to be a bit of mucus going on.. i pulled mine apart and they all seem ok, only one shrivelled up and they've been incubating 3 weeks now. but listen to the other guys, they know more than me! good luck!

juzzaman

Original Poster
Not sure. I was out, but when i got home at 6pm today (its now 8.50) they were there. Maybe 10 or 12 are in one clump. Dont look like their held together that strongly just dont want to break any.. But im sure il lose lots if their left like that :/

What you think. Pull them apart if can do so without 2 much force??

Cheers

Justin

lemmons

thats what i did and mine were ok. just be careful you don't tear them. i dont know what their suvival would be like stuck together, they swell up a lot as the weeks go by.

juzzaman

Original Poster
Just tried.. They seem pretty stuck. Think they would tear if i did. Spose just leave them and see what happens :( Sigh

juzzaman

Original Poster
Well heres the pics

Im really disapointed with the "clump"

O well

22012009029.jpg

22012009028.jpg

22012009030.jpg

Theres the pics

Justin

rottnbull02

Hatchling Member
They must stick together in the wild as there is no beardie slave there to dig them up. I bet they will hatch just fine for you.

Stephanie

lemmons

that's true, but there must be a high mortality rate in the wild or they wouldn't lay so many in the first place. i'd separate them if it were me, you might lose some but its better than all of them - what would you do if the one in the middle went mouldy?!and i dont know how you would half bury them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom