Help for a Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

threecupsofcoffee

Hatchling Member
I have just been given an 8 month old rescue. He has most of his nails missing from his front feet and part of toes not formed. He's 12.5 inches long. He has a tail that starts a good size but about half way down thins out and the tip is stiff and bent upwards. when he walks he over he sort of over extends his leg action sort of in a wheel motion, particularly his front ones. His eylids are droopy although he does seem alert.I do know he was kept on sand, but thats all. oh by the way he's gorgeous with big brown eyes.

i want to take him to the vet but i just lost elliott and i was taking him regularly im not convinced i was given the best advice.However i will get a fecal done. but i haven't seen a poop yet.

i have zocal-D and Reptoboost but i don't want to give him them without some advice or assurance im doing the right thing for him.

Any knowlegable advice will be welcome i would like to do the best for this little one.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Maybe you could post a picture of him?
I would start slowly with the protein & work on making sure that he is hydrated first & foremost. That way you will know how well his kidneys are working. What foods do you plan on feeding him?
Does his tail look like it has been injured or does it possibly have retained shed on it?
He most likely did not have any UVB lighting either. Which UVB light will you be using for him? Be sure to give the calcium to him 5 days per week. The Zocal is fine. Is it a specific concentration? I can help you dose him, if that is possible. The Reptoboost will be fine to give to him, also. You can mix that with a greens slurry for a week or so. I would give a few days before getting a fecal so his system can normalize a little bit & he is not so stressed out from being relocated.
He will be fine without his nails. Are they all healed up then? Does it look like they were nipped off by cage mates?
That is generous of you to take him in!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom