Help!!!! Eggs won't hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TROOPLUV

I have a clutch of eggs that are on day 82 and have not hatched. Her last clutches all hatched at 66 days. The temps are steady at 84 and the humidity is between 80-90. They are fertile and you can see movement inside the eggs. My vet said they are in danger of losing oxygen and dying if they don't hatch soon. Is it safe to go this long? Any advise would be great.

hayl55

Juvie Member
let nature take its course..I'm sure if yous ee movement that they will probobly hatch very soon...90 days is not uncommon .so I wouldnt worry unless you pass 00 days...then its time to worry

TROOPLUV

Original Poster
Thanks for your advise!! I am just not used to them going so long. Is there a point where its dangerous?

hayl55

Juvie Member
I dont know about that, someone more knowledgeable in breeding should be able to answer that question..

hayl55

Juvie Member
congrats :) you see..nature usually works out for the better . you shoudl post some pics of the hatchlings :)

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
90-100 days is not uncommon as most incubators do fluctuate 2-6 degrees, which is fine... Typically last year I saw 86 days at 82-83 degrees on average, if the incubator remained at an average of 86-87 then the hatch time was reduced closer to 65-75 days...

As for your vet, I would find a new one if they are tell you your dragons can die due to suffocation in the egg. The egg's membrane is very thin especially close to hatching, and gas transmission of both Carbon dioxide and oxygen is very good. If this was not true your embryos would never develop and remember in the wild they are some times buried up to 3 feet deep in clay!

Seriously finding a good herp vet is very hard these days, as a lot don't specialize or spend enough time around bearded dragons to know what they are talking about... Chances are their experience is coming from a text book that's 20 years old or they are basising that information off another lizard, in either case you can't just infer from another species..., Captive breeding is an ever evolving trade, and what's right for iguanas, or geckos is not the same for bearded dragons. New and healthier ways to executing certain techniques are discovered and shared everyday between breeders and hobbiests, so unless you are submersed in the culture/community and deal with dragons on a daily basis you fall behind very quickly! Ask around to see if anyone in your area can recommend another vet, even if you have to drive a good ways it's worth it to have an experience herp vet that is up to date on current information. I really can't believe your vet told you that... :?

Anthony

TROOPLUV

Original Poster
Picture038.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom