HELP!!!!! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyAngel0123

Hatchling Member
:( :cry:
OK, I Really need help! OK My bearded dragons have been mating for more than a year. Now all of a sudden she has been getting VERY VERY VEEEEERRRYYY BIG!!! I dont feel any eggs, and I dont see any "dents" In her belly. Shes eatting alot..but I dont know if its more than befor. She has been diggging latly, and its like ever other day that she does. I dont know if she is pregnut becuase she has dug befor...but now shes just REALLY fat...So..what does this mean? Is she pregnut? Thanks...
-Hannah<33

BabyAngel0123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OK. Like I said befor. I have 2 bearded dragons. The boy is pebels. And then Girl is Samantha...Or Samii...
Anyways.....
Pebels [The boy] Has been ... I guess you could say "Wanting" To mait. Now, Right now we think thw female is pregnut. But where not sure.
I have like... alot of questions!
First of all, Pebles has been Trying to mait and when he gets on top of her...he bits her...but thats it....there tails dont "Snap" Or anything!! Then like arter a minute...they walk away. And second of all....
Is it a bad thing for beardys to Mait while the female is pregnut? [I just want to know...I think the female is prengut but now sure. And they still mait alot.]
Thanks so much you guys! :]
-Hannah

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Topics merged and moved to health
Hello
So they have actually mated for a year and this is the first time she appears gravid?No previous eggs?It certainly sounds like she is gravid.You may not see the egg lumps right away it can take time.Does she have a laybox?How old is she?When was the last time she pooped?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I merged these two threads so we can keep all the info in one place as it can get confusing if there are two.First beardies should only be housed together for the mating process then seperated.At this point being as your unsure of whats going on with the female its best to seperate them.The grabbing of the neck is generally how the process begins but since she is gravid she may not be returning his advances and if he gets frustrated he could easily hurt her.

BabyAngel0123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know what you mean! He has been grabing her and biting her...but they dont mait?
Its weird.
And i have answered your questions on your profile. I didnt know you wanted to chat here. Sorry :]
-Hannah <33

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Better chat here so you dont get the same questions twice but I did answer your PM so thanks for the answers :D .So have you ever seen them actually mate?You said she is eating alot?How much?

BabyAngel0123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok.
I have seen them mait Just once...But I know that they do it ALOT becuase he is CONSTENTLY bobbing his head, and she ALWAYS waves. Also, Now she dosent Wave, but she does kind'a a "Push up" Moshon.
I do watch her eat and she eats ALOT! We mostly feed her Leduse, And AppleSauce [No Sugers]
We some times feed then worms and crickets. [Do you have any sugestiong for her feeding diets?]
We do have UV lights, They are brand new, and we have a day time on [Yellow] And a night time on [Red].
[Im open to any recomandations] (This is my first time with pregnut beardys)

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
BabyAngel0123":dbb6a said:
Ok.
I have seen them mait Just once...But I know that they do it ALOT becuase he is CONSTENTLY bobbing his head, and she ALWAYS waves. Also, Now she dosent Wave, but she does kind'a a "Push up" Moshon.
I do watch her eat and she eats ALOT! We mostly feed her Leduse, And AppleSauce [No Sugers]
We some times feed then worms and crickets. [Do you have any sugestiong for her feeding diets?]
We do have UV lights, They are brand new, and we have a day time on [Yellow] And a night time on [Red].
[Im open to any recomandations] (This is my first time with pregnut beardys)
Ok so first thing is first the lights you are referring to are most likely not UVB lights(the red one def not).They are basking lights which emit UVA and heat but they also need a secondary UVB linear flourescent bulb and this is very important because I doubt she will be able to succesfully lay these eggs if she is calcium deficient and they need UVB to absorb calcium.Are you giving calcium supplement?She needs this especially now.As for feeding lettuce is nit a good thing to give.You want dark greens like arugala,dandelion,kale,collards,etc.Also they normally should eat 25-50 feeders per week but if she is gravid she should be eating much much more protien then normal.I also again strongly recommend seperating them since they have already mated.He is going to become frustrated with her and hurt or kill her unless she gives in and if she gives in she may become unhealthy from overbreeding and stress.Do me a favor look at the white bulb you have and tell me what brand is stamoed on I just want to make sure its just a basking bulb and not an MVB.Are you measuring the tank temps and bathing them?Especially for her she needs to be kept well hydrated but all beardies should be bathed at least once a week.

BabyAngel0123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, I understand, The red one IS a backing light, but that one is only for night time when they sleep. The day time one is UBV That DOES give off calcium. And What are some example for calcuin Supplemnt.?
Is peas and carrets a good thing besides the lettuce?
And also, Is worms just as good as crickets? We also have (Reading off jar) "Rap-Cal" CALCIUM with VIT.D3" Its like a White powder.And i agree with seporatione them, But I only have 1 tank! D:
there like 200 dollors and My parents wont lets me get one! PLEASE tel when what I should do! :[
I DO have a thermaitor In the tank! Also! We DO bathe them like 2 times a week so thats great :D
Thanks
-Hannah

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok I really need you to look at that bulb and tell me whats stamped on it.There is only one bulb that emits heat and UVB at te same time and thats an MVB bulb which looks like a very big flood lamp.If you look at the base of the bulb it will tell you what type/brand.If you could I would like ot know that info as most people confuse a UVA bsaking bulb for heat with a UVB.Also bulbs do not emit calcium that you ave to give in vitamin form which is the repcal that you have.You will want to give that to her 5xper week for one feeding a day and your boy needs it 2-3xper week.Here is a list of acceptable veggies you can give:http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
How big is your tank?Can you put a divider in?What type of thermometer are you using?The stick on ones and the dial types dont work well,you need a digital with a probe.

BabyAngel0123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok, Im going to read you EVERYTHING i see on my light...Ok there is a gold sticker on it that says...
"Portable Luminaire
Luminaire Portatif
Issue No. BK-53011"
Thats all thats on It :[
And the list really helped
And the cage is about 2 feet wide and like 2 feet all around.
I dont think Its big enough to devide. I wish I knew what to do :[
But you are helping me out ALOT

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok on the enclosure tats good news.Now remember the minimum required BD encloser is 36x18x18 and thats for one adult and many go with 4x2x2.In the meantime you can buy a cheap rubbermaid bin and make a temporary enclosure for her out of that(you will need new light fixtures however).On the light I am sorry its not a UVB it just your baskinc heat bulb which in ok for heat and basking but you need another bulb seperate from that for UVB which is this:
http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-fluorescent-bulbs/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html
This is an ABSOLUTE MUST.Beardies cannot thrive without it and you need to act quickly since they have both been without uvb for so long.This also means you need a fixture for it as well but you can get a fairly cheap one from home depot or lowes.You dont need to spend a fortune on the fancy aquarium fixtures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom