HELP! (bitten by a rat!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

katieerin

Hatchling Member
My baby beardie (6") was just bitten by a rat. :cry: He has a little cut on his neck and a little blood came from his nostril. How can I help the cuts heal and keep him out of pain? I want to make sure he's okay!! And how can I keep him from getting an infection??

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
You can put a bit of neosporin on it. There is another medicine you can put in their bath water, but I don't remember what it was.
How on earth was he bitten by a rat???

katieerin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My stupid roommate has a rat :x Ugh. I'll get some neosporin, thanks.

I also notice his "beard skin" has a lesion in it. This heals, right?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

As suggested, clean the areas with diluted betadine then get some antibiotic ointment to put on those areas.
Please tell your roomate not to get your dragon out when you are not there, or next time, he wont be so lucky. That is horrible.

How is he doing now?

Tracie

katieerin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He's fine, very alert and watnot. Yeah, she thought it was a good idea to let her rat sniff him. :x Gah.

I've been putting neosporin on it every few hours... I just want to avoid any infection.

He seems fine, but I'm just so worried something bad is going to come from it. :(

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hey so sorry this happened!
silly roommate :banghead: some people ay.

anyway just keep a very close eye on his actions, eating and pooping and obviously the wound itself, keep up the treatments tracie has suggested doing also.
well i hope he remains ok for you!
:D

katieerin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I only have the neosporin, should I get something else as well? Where would I get the betadine? Or is there something I should put in his bath water?

LJean

Extreme Poster
You should be able to find the betadine at any pharmacy. You could put a bit in his bath water (making it look like a weak tea).

I hope he will be ok.

katieerin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you, everyone. I will keep up with the neosporin and go get some betadine for his baths. (Is it expensive?)
Like I said, it doesn't seem like it affected him much-still breathing quite normally and very alert.
I just have to make sure an infection doesn't occur. :(
Again, thanks.

LJean

Extreme Poster
I don't know what the cost is for betadine, as mine came with a first aid kit. It shouldn't be too expensive. Call your nearest pharmacy and ask. :)

chancellor91

Juvie Member
ya betadine is not very expensive we sell it at my work, maybe 5 bucks for a bottle that will last your bd for ever, your room is just dumb :banghead: tell him next time you will hold the rat and let the beardie go at it :twisted: lol no jk i dont support animal abuse but i think you should make it very clear that that was messed up, i hope your beardie gets better !!!

chancellor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom