HELP! Bearded dragon skin turning green!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackrose322123

Original Poster
You guys have been so helpful, but sadly as I took him out of his tank a little while ago he took 2 gasps and was gone. This all happened so quick I'm still stunned. I don't know what else to say.

blackrose322123

Original Poster
HI everyone. I had a heck of a night sleeping. I kept rolling over and staring at drakes tank. I got so used to the light being on that it was so weird not having it on. Your not gonna believe what I have done. I bred draco a few months back with a friends lizard. I called her today to tell her what happened and if she had any of his babies left. She had 2 and someone was comming out this evening to look at them. I was at her house within 10 mins of that call.

This is a pic of Draco with one of his hatchlings

daddyandbabie.jpg

Here is a pic of his baby that I just got.
babie2.jpg

babie1.jpg

I wanted one of his babies so bad and was kicking myself all morning that I didn't keep one. I am so happy now that I have one of his offspring. He/She is part of Draco. I know He/she will never be Draco but for me it seems like he'll never truely be gone.

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...So sorry for your loss. Will you get a necropsy done to find out what the cause was? If you are planning to, put him in the freezer til you can get him to the vet. The results will be a little off because of freezing him, but the vet should still be able to give you a diagnosis.

I am so happy for you that you could get one of his kids.

Make sure you totally bleach & soak, then wash & rinse, rinse, rinse, his tank before putting anyone in it. If you can rinse with a pressure hose it would be better. Do the same with all dishes and furniture.

Don't use any loose substrate for your dragons. No sand, chips, walnut shells, etc. A lot of us are now using textured ceramic or slate tiles. I got mine from a discount flooring store. They make clean up so much easier. Plus it doesn't harbor bacteria, fungus, parasites,etc. Until then just use paper towels.

Good luck
Patsy

blackrose322123

Original Poster
I don't have the money for a necropsy and the thought of cutting him open right now dosen't sit so well. I have cleaned and bleached the cage and fixtures since I don't want to put anything into it for 6 months to a year. I'm gonna try the tile. But right now I have my lil (looks like guy) on reptile carpet. I wanted to get the reptile carpet for my 75 gal tank but can't find it for sale in the local stores. I'll need 3 sets so I know it's gonna cost! lol Does anyone have pics of their tanks with ceramic tile? I was wondering what it looks like and how you guys set it up.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so so sorry for your loss of Draco, that is awful! I don't get what in the world happened unless the meds were too hard on him perhaps & were the wrong dosage.
How devastating for you. I definitely think that you should get a necropsy. It would help with closure a bit if you knew the cause of his death.
That is neat you have a baby of Draco's though. He will be very special I am sure.

Tracie

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...How is your new baby doing?
I used to go to Home Depot for my cage carpet. I got the green indoor/outdoor carpet. They have 2 lengths...8' and 12' I think. I had them cut me an 18" piece. Then I cut it in half to use for 2 48" tanks. Boaters usually use it to replace their flooring carpet. Do not use that indoor/outdoor plastic looking, loopy carpet. It will get caught on their toes. You can wash it with dish soap & a brush then hose it off. And it is cheaper than pet store carpet.
Good luck
Patsy

blackrose322123

Original Poster
Thanks for the info! I will go to Home Depot and Lows to check it out. I over did it making his food today lol. I'm so used to making a lg amout that when I was don I was like crap what am I gonna do with all this? I wasen't thinking. So the hissers got a nice treat that they swarmed. I'm gonna be overloaded with hissers in a few months now. I have about 100 adults and well over 300 all different sizes. I got into them because of the bacteria that Drake got from the crickets and I was going to stop feeding crickets all together. The new guy loves the nymphs! I had started a mealwom tank and a mondo worm tank as well and have to other setups waiting for the lobster roaches and anothe roach I can't remember what they are called that I was planning to get. I haven't thought of a name for him yet but he eats like his daddy!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry for the loss of Draco. I wish he'd survived. The fungus is terrible tuff stuff. However, I completely understand why you got the baby. It's like having a part of Draco back again. The new one won't be exactly like Draco, but you'll see a lot of him in the baby, I'm sure. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW ONE!!!! Thanks for showing us the pics. As I'm sure you are aware, we LOVE pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom