HELP BABY BEARDIE NOT MOVING FRONT LEG AT ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foster53

My beardie is a little over a month old and we just got back from a weekend vacation (we did have a caretaker for them) and noticed 1 of our babies is not moving the front leg at all. Not even a little bit. :cry: LowFat "the beardie's name" was moving great before we left... running everywhere, so I am not sure if he fell or what may have happened. Any ideas what to do? I touched it and he doesn't seem to even know that I am moving it. There is no movement at all and this REALLY worries me. I put him in the water to see if this would help and he just layed there. He is still moving around from area to area but not very much and when he does he is dragging it. Do you think honestly that a vet could even help with him being so tiny? He is eating well, but lays around not moving muc...h becuase he cant get around well. Please help save Lowfat...I don't want him hurt!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hmm, I would think with the front leg, it could be an injury or possibly neurological.
Usually we see problems with the back legs if it is due to impaction.
Can you possibly post a picture of your beardie and his leg?
Do you have a good reptile vet near you?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your little beardie's leg. How is he doing today?

As Jiffy said, it could be an injury. Could he have fallen, possible off of something in his enclosure? Is he housed with other beardies? If so....are there any signs of a bite?

A picture would definitely be helpful for one of the moderators to look at.

For now you should take branches, logs, etc.... out of his viv. Try to lower the basking spot, so that he doesn't have to climb or move as much. Maybe give him a soft towel to lay on.

Foster53

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the response. I will send a pic. As soon as I get back home. He seems to be in a good mood and he is hobbling around quite a bit like it is not hurting but he is still dragging it and not moving his claws on that leg. I will get pics as soon as I can. Thank you all so much!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing?
I agree, take out anything that is high up that he basks on so he can't hurt himself further. Is he walking around at all right now?
Is he eating normally right now?
Please let us know how he is doing.
Can you post a picture of him?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom