help adult female beardie not eating, and not sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, my problem is tha tmy one year old dragon has stopped eating to the point she is losing weight. I try to feed her every day, a variety of crickets, superworms, and hornworms but over the last 4 or 5 months her eating has slowed to nothing. It started out as she wouldnt chase after food just wait for it to come to her, then she wouldnt even eat it off the ground i had to hand feed it to her. slowly she went from a meal once a day and salad to only eating her bugs every other day, and now she shows no interest in bugs at all, actually backs away from them when i hold them in her face, and she isnt eating her salad anymore either. she has had a fecal done and the vet said he saw no signs of bacterias or parasites. she has lost 20 grams now and i am getting really worried i dont know what to do.i have been thinking of ordering reptaid to try and boost her energy and appetite and stuff do you think this would help any advice is appreciated.

the basic care info is below and as you can all see i follow the proper care to a t and have nothing but the best as far as i know. i will do anything for my beardies and dont want to lose them so please help me out.

How old is your dragon? about 1 year and 1 mnoth
How long have you had your dragon? almost 8 months
How long is your dragon? 18-19 inches
What is the sex of your dragon? female
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 75g
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? tile and repti carpet
Do you use UVB lights? of course
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? mercury vapor
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? mega ray sb100
How old is your UVB bulb? almost 3 months
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? 12 inches
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? supplemental lighiting for a brighter and slightly warmer enclosure 100w daylight
What are the basking temps? 98-108
What is the cool side temp? 80-85
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? digital thermometer
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? directly on basking spot and on top of hide on the cool side
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? no
What do you feed your dragon? crickets(gutloaded with oatmeal and carrrots),variety of collard mustard and kale greens, flukers bearded dragon pellets in salad for variety, occasional horn worms, superworms
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? when she will eat
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? yes oatmeal carrots leftover salad
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? rep cal calcium 3x a week and multivitamin 1x a week
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? twice a week at most
Do you bath your dragon? How often? almost everyday for around 10 to 15 minutes
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? misted once a day and has water bowl she often climbs in or through
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? yes supposed clean bill of health

colorourselves

Original Poster
also sorry for the double post but before someone says brumation, that is not what this is, it started wayto early in the year and in her life to be brumation in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom