Help - 18" UVB in a 4x2x2 viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Stella is in a 30 gal viv currently, with an 18" Reptisun 10.0 tube.

I will be working on setting up Stella's new 4x2x2 viv over the next few days, and I had been *planning* on buying an Arcadia tube and HO fixture when the 6 months is up on her current 18" Reptisun (somewhere in Oct), so there's still quite a bit of life left in it.

I have spent A LOT recently on her new setup, and I'm trying to scale back where I can for awhile till I get caught up $$$-wise, and I'm wondering if I mount her current 18" Reptisun in her new viv within the recommended distance of her primary basking area, will she okay for the next couple months? It will only end up taking up a little more than a 1/3 of the length of the viv., and I'm concerned that maybe she won't get enough UVB.

Or do I need to get a new longer UVB tube in ASAP? If I do, I'll just fork over the $$$ for the Arcadia and be done with it no questions asked, but I'd rather hold off and get as much use out of the Reptisun as I can.

-Michelle

aussiefreak101

Hatchling Member
A 24" is not that much bigger than an 18" and premade cages have a 24" fixture in their 4' cages. As long as the UVB is positioned where your beardie spends the majority of his time, the basking spot, then you will be fine for a couple months.

nycmedic

If you place it near where the basking spot is then I think you should be ok, it's not like your taking it out completely. But I dont know much, just my 0.02 cents.

As they say, a picture is worth 1000 words. Here's Odins UVB setup, although there are more things on the inside now lol.
DSCF0290.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom