hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

wii666

hi i have 2 bearded dragons my first 1 is a normal named bully my other 1 i just got today her name is daisy i want to breed them bully is biting her neck and bobbing his head his berard is black but no breeding is this normal he is very aggressive to her biting her neck hard plese help?????

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
I'd suggest seperating them before he does any serious damage. He can actually break bones, rip her skin and worse, kill her if he's being overly rough.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
That is normal for a male to do that to a female if he never had one in the tank in the first place. BUT if he starts nipping to hard as in ripping her skin YES she needs to come out ASAP.

You said you got her today, you should not of put her in the tank with him if you just got her today. You need to keep her in her own tank out of the room from your male, and she should be in her own tank for 60 days to make sure she has no problems as in worms, fungus, any health problems that she might have and not showing them yet. Also is she eatting good on her own? some times new dragons wont eat right away and putting her in with a male might stress her even more into not eatting.

Is she the right age, weight, size to breed?
also what size tank are they both in?

wii666

Original Poster
every things is fine now they dont fight he is alot nicer now she climbs on his back he climbes on her back they are eating perfect hopfully in spring they will start to mate thank you

and her size she is a tiny bit smaller but thats is

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Ok thats good to hear.

Still what size tank do you have them in? Just make sure there is enough room so he wont think again and bite her or hurt her when your not home. Also just make sure you have every thing set up right UVB and UVA. Still make sure her weight is right for breeding.

wii666

Original Poster
i got a 60 i cant tell you her weight i dont have a scale and yes i gave uva uvb lighting reptisun 10.0 long tube and a 150 watt basking bulb

i was wondering are ceramic heat immitier good dor beardies

Kagome100

Juvie Member
If she bred at that age she might not be able to lay eggs. The minimum age to even breed would be 12 months. Still its risky at 12 months old for her. Best age is two years for her. He is fine at a year. Im not trying to sound mean really im not, im just telling you the truth.

also every thing else sounds good as in heat lighting and tank. A ceramic heat immitier i think some one else can help you on that answer but i have heard of people useing them, i never tired so im not sure if they work good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom