Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
Hi

thought I'd introduce my son's dragon, Trevor.

Com is autistic and is obsessed with dragons so I finally let him have one - I'm now main carer for both of them :?

Anyway Trevor is getting on for 5 months old and very cute.

P8290048.jpg

P9150111.jpg

Com and I built him a new viv - the dragon's lair complete with hoard!

P8120030-1.jpg

He's not been eating very well for the last month or so (since his last shed really which was about 5 or 6 weeks ago and I think he's a bit small for his age now,till then he was growing fine and eating like a horse).

It's not that he's not eating at all; he's on about 6-10 crickets a day and does eat some of his veg, but he was eating up to 80 a day.

At first I thought it was stress because we went away and he stayed with a friend and shortly afterward we transferred him to his new viv but he should have settled by now. He's not as alert as he was and seems to sleep a lot too.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I found the list of questions so I've filled it in

How old is your dragon? Almost 5 months
How long have you had your dragon? Since he was 6 weeks old
How long is your dragon? 10”
What is the sex of your dragon? male
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 4x2x4'
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? Clay textured tiles
Do you use UVB lights? yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? Tube, reptisun 10.0
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb? Less than 1 month; the old tube in his smaller viv was only 3 months old
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? About 6- 8”
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? Incandescent 150watt in a reflector shade. I was using a 100 watt reflector bulb but I found it had to work too hard to maintain the temps
What are the basking temps? 110-115
What is the cool side temp? 80
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? Digital with probe in the hot end and cool end, I also have a hand held probe thermometer
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? Directly on the spot he basks
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? no
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. Medium crickets as many as he'll eat, small locust (occasional), dubia roaches 2-3 a day (my colony is still small).
He has fresh veg available all day and eats a small amount – dandelion, clover, alfalfa various greens, basil, mint, rocket, cress, butternut squash (his favourite), occasionally he gets small amounts of sweet pepper, strawberry, apple, kiwi, mango, bilberry
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? I was feeding 3 times a day until he started to refuse – he will now eat most in the morning and hardly any livefood through the day, possibly 1 or 2 in the evening (he used to eat up to 30 crickets at a sitting till about 5-6 weeks ago).
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? yes
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? Calypso calcium 5 days a week on the morning feed, also sprinkled on veg, 2 days a week nutrobal instead
I have just started to give him avipro – it arrived today
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? Yes but not as big or as frequent (down from 2-3 times a day to once a day)
Do you bath your dragon? How often? He really doesn't like baths so I bath him once a week or so
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? He has a shallow drinking bowl which he often sits in but rarely drinks from
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? Waiting on the results of a fecal - free as part of research so it's taking longer than usual. He saw a vet when I first got him; partly because he has bent front feet. His fecal then was clear. The breeder told me it was a birth defect but it seems he was probably born with mbd so he has been treated for mbd and I continue to keep his calcium supplements high and make sure his uvb is close. One of his feet has really improved although he still walks on one wrist

I would really appreciate any ideas, he is pretty lethargic at the moment which isn't like him at all

maxattack

Juvie Member
Wow! Everything sounds right with his environment. Is it possible he swallowed something when he was at your friends house? Have you felt around his body for anything "out of the ordinary"? I'm no expert. I've only been at this about as long as you have, but from what I've read on this forum his home sounds great. I know you'll get more help from one of our more experienced members. In the meantime, welcome Trevor, Com, and daddy to the forum! I hope Trevor gets to feeling better soon.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm 'mummy' :lol:

I've checked his stomach regularly; it's lovely and soft, no lumps or bumps. He's never been on sand or any other loose substrate and, although I had an argument with his breeder because I think he should have been checked by a vet before being sold, he was very well cared for before I got him.

I'm really hoping this avipro gives him a boost and brings him back up to par

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom