Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy08

Well, first off, it's been quite a few years since I've been on this forum. I couldn't remember my username, but I believe it was Reptilechick08 or Reptilegirl08. Something like that.

Anyway, my name's Katie, and I've had several dragons though the years. Mainly foster/rescues that were rehomed once they were healthy, except one (Miss Priss). I had her for 10 great years until she passed away of old age.

I had a rough weekend (medical problems), and my roomie noticed I've been depressed. Sour she decided to surprise me with a bearded dragon she got from her sister last night. She came with her 40 gal breeder, and a few other things. They also sent me a couple dubia roaches to help start my colony up.

I was told that she had gone all winter without any lighting, so I went and got her a MVB bulb today, and am supplementing calcium and D3 to prevent MBD from potentially occurring. I was also told that she never ate greens/veggies. Only roaches and crickets. Thinking I'd have a struggle on my hands, I set out to make a nice salad of turnip greens, yellow squash, and zucchini, topped with wax worms to entice her to eat. Guess I'm the dragon whisperer, because she immediately chowed down on the salad (and the worms, of course). So, we are off to a great start.

Introducing Adalinda, eating her greens like a good girl:

Kazzy08

Original Poster
Genestealer187":2wfyfdph said:
Hi I'm a newbie here nice dragon hope he makes you feel better

Thank you :)
She's great, and setting her up, and and caring for her is definitely keeping my mind off things, and it helps a bit to escape into my passion for reptiles.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Looks like she fell into the right hands I feel bad for her not having any lights for that period of time but she should bounce back nicely shes a good looking girl and deserves some nice taking care of.

Kazzy08

Original Poster
BG23":kz9gwre0 said:
Looks like she fell into the right hands I feel bad for her not having any lights for that period of time but she should bounce back nicely shes a good looking girl and deserves some nice taking care of.

Thank you :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! It's so nice that you + this dragon found each other. :) Sounds like you + she will be a good fit. :) And what a bonus that she surprised you by eating the salad ! Keep that going [ salad feeding ] and resist the impulse to spoil or " fatten her up " as some people do when they get a slightly thin dragon. Sometimes going overboard with the insect feedings with the thought of making the dragon healthier does the opposite and then the dragon snubs the salad. So let her eat her fill of salads and go easy on the bugs....she'll be much better off. Best wishes for a happy future with Adalinda !

Kazzy08

Original Poster
AHBD":2bcq7woh said:
Hi there ! It's so nice that you + this dragon found each other. :) Sounds like you + she will be a good fit. :) And what a bonus that she surprised you by eating the salad ! Keep that going [ salad feeding ] and resist the impulse to spoil or " fatten her up " as some people do when they get a slightly thin dragon. Sometimes going overboard with the insect feedings with the thought of making the dragon healthier does the opposite and then the dragon snubs the salad. So let her eat her fill of salads and go easy on the bugs....she'll be much better off. Best wishes for a happy future with Adalinda !

Thanks! That's definitely the plan. I've only put a few wax worms/tiny dubias into her salad to entice her. Her diet will consist mainly of the greens and veggies though. Besides, my dubia colony is quite new and very small anyway. Once she's eating her salad on a regular basis, and on her own, she'll have a weekly meal with dusted roaches. The rest of the roaches are for my cresteds, especially when I start hatching some babies again. That won't be for quite a few months, so should give my dubias time to build up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom