Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Lauren, and this is Spike, a beardie that I adopted from my job!

gnlvhGZ.png

I don't know how old he is, but I do know that he is 11 inches, male, he enjoys phoenix worms, dubia roaches, and the occasional small superworm, he won't go to sleep unless we snuggle first and he will only fall asleep with me, he refuses to touch veggies even when i put worms in it (he won't even touch them), he is not a very big fan of baths, and he's better than any other "small animal" I've ever had.

I've been browsing the forums for a week now and finally decided to join! I look forward to talking with you all :D

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
I'd say based on my 2 that he can't be any older than 5.5 months, but obviously genetics would play a large part in that estimate. He looks pretty bright-eyed and happy :p
Keep trying w/ the greens, I've always added some grated squash mixed in and mine will actually pick that out first, it does take a while for them to want to eat their "salad", mine never did until they were almost 7 months and even then it wasn't an everyday thing. Hope you have fun w/ him and he has a long, healthy life!!

tudorrose1595

Original Poster
Thank you guys!!

And thank you for your guesstimate jacody! I tried the squash, he seems extremely offended by it. He pulls his head back in disgust when I offer it to him :roll: Figuring everything out, foodwise especially, would be made much easier if I knew his age! If you're right then I'm not TOO worried about him not being into greens too much yet. Still playing around with a few different things, hopefully something will appeal to him soon! You'd figure with him not ever wanting chase his food, greens would be the perfect thing to eat lol! :laughing6:

tudorrose1595

Original Poster
Update! Spike has decided he loves butternut squash, actually, who was I even kidding :wink:

So, I've been giving him his baths, and he appears to be getting too big for the sink already! If he goes at the right angle he can jump and pull himself up and out! I feel that putting him in the tub, however, will be intimidating to him and am worried it will just stress him out more than baths already do. :(

Is it a beardie thing that they hate baths? He seems to hate anything that's good for him, or that seems like something they'd enjoy! (Even being in the REAL sun!!) :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom