Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoapDish

I was given 2 BDs about a year ago and I've come to the understanding that the whole thing is a mess. I was given 1 "complete" setup and two 2 year old "male" dragons. I was told the smaller male was a few months younger and was a different type of beardie, but that didn't sit right with me so I took it to the local pet shop, where they said that it was indeed a male and that some times the subordinate males will take on more feminine characteristics . At which point I figured that if fish do it than maybe lizards do it too. I also asked the owner if the setup was ok for both of them and he assured me that it was more than enough, so I walked out of the store feeling pretty good. HA! So after being startled awake several times by my 2 "males" doing "it" I decided it was time to go to a friends house and use her internet. Surprise surprise! after about 3 hours of searching fully understand that everything i was told is WRONG! So now I have 1 male "Pedro" and one FEmale "El Guapo" and a clutch of unknown size all in a 55 gal tank :roll:
it looks like I have a lot of work to do.

I am so excited to finally be around knowledgeable people.

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
Welcome!
You need to sepearate them ASAP! How old are they? Please get the babies away from the larger ones or they may start eating the babies.

SoapDish

Original Poster
They are about three years old and they had 14 eggs that I put in a makeshift incubator. I can't separate the adults yet since I don't have another set up. I think I am going to try to find the male a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom