Hello, meet Gizmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
Little Gizmo is adorable! Did yall just pick him up at petco or petsmart? Either way he is showing good color and looks quite curious! Congrats and best of luck to you and your daughter with ya'lls newest family member! If you have any questions the people in this community are wonderful

Gizmosgranny

Original Poster
Thank you. We did get him/her from a Family Owned Pet Store Near us called Bridges Pets. We looked at some in the chain stores and they didn't look as happy. Gizmo has already shed twice getting brighter each time. Pretty exciting to see. We are having fun with our little one. I love this group, we have learned so much already.

Gizmosgranny

Original Poster
Just wondered if anyone else has a Beardie that loves being out of its VIV? Our three month old gets dark when in his tank but brightens up as soon as we take him out to run and play. He loves being held too. Is this normal?

His basking temp is 100-103
Cool side 80-82
We are using a reptisun 10.0 tube
60 watt white light
100 watt and 75 watt ceramic heat bulb
50 gal tank
Eats 40 or more crickets (dusted every other day) daily plus greens (kale, mustard and collard) daily. Fruit every other day.
He poops twice a day
He is at almost 12 inches long from nose to tip of

We have rescently changed a few things we added two slate tiles and a climbing branch.

Welcome to the forum! And yes its normal :) My 6 month old girl will climb up my sleeve or latch on when I go to put her in her tank. She will scratch the tank walls to be picked up, and when I take her out she turns much lighter colored. (her happy colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom