Hello from Tad Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4rl4C

Original Poster
Hi! Sorry I haven't been able to post earlier. Been busy with work lately. But I do have a happy announcement. I'm going to have a baby beardie named Bronx (from the TV Show Gargoyles).

Tad Cooper is doing great. He is still picky with the salad, but eats sugar snaps and squash just fine. I found out if I 'fish' him with a leave of greens attached to a string, he runs after it and eats it. But I need to be super extra careful for him not to eat the string.

Dezi is so big and hyper cute. He sure eats a lot...

I don't breed livefood, but my Tad loves roaches and locusts.

Hope both you and your spiky babies are doing great :D

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Yes fishing his salad is a good idea. I would use tongs like the kind you buy at a pet store so he doesn’t eat the string. I actually do the exact same thing sometimes

C4rl4C

Original Poster
Oh yeeeaaahhh...

I have the long tongs, most try tomorrow. he's sleeping now and I don't want to wake him up. He's being such picky with the salad, hope Bronx won't be so picky. Going to pick him up on Thursday.

Funny story: before getting Tad Cooper I was going to get Bronx on a Corner's Pet Store near my home but in the end I decided to adopt Tad. I visited this store since then to get the livefood, and watch that little beardie grow up and I felt in love. So I decided to get him, using my old corn snake viv that's big enough for him, until I can afford a 4ft.

dezismom

Juvie Member
So good to hear that Tad is doing well! And expecting a new baby!? Congratulations! Cannot wait to see the new addition.
I must make a correction to an earlier post that I made on this thread; I mistakenly said Dezi costs $75 per week in live food, when I was meaning to say $75 per month...Big oops! Quite a difference.

Fishing with a piece of salad, to entice a reluctant dragon, is a brilliant idea...I will try that out on Dezi. Sounds like fun for both of us, and if it gets him to eat more greens, yay. :) He has a kiity toy that is basically just some feathers on a stick, that he loves to chase around. I bet I can modify it to hold a lettuce leaf.

Let us know when you receive little Bronx, so we can give him a proper welcome...

Here is Dezi chasing his feather toy. He really gets into it. He will open his mouth, run, jump, act like a dog chasing a favorite ball! We laugh so hard, we can barely breathe. What a hoot.

82765-6618749574.jpg

82765-415160195.jpg

C4rl4C

Original Poster
Ah! Now makes sense about the expenses. I thought he would eat lots per week. I normally spend less than £20per month on Tad including salad and livefood. Which is quite cheap I think. Each tub is £2.50 and locusts have 6 huge ones and 15 medium roaches. Plus a bunch of morio worms each tub. I also give him fruit Beatles grub as treats (he adoooores them).

You do that as well with the cat toy?! Hahaha... Tad also chases it when I tease him, but he tries to eat it and I need to be careful. I never tried with a ball...

Tad had a surprise yesterday. He loves it.

H7kMffSh.jpg

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
If your new beardie is still a youngster, it will not like veggies very much I’ve heard. Mostly like their veggies. A cat toy is genius I need to try it. Mom and I were amazed that you spend $75 a week so I’m glad to hear it’s $75 per month. I’m using an IPhone, how do you post pictures?

C4rl4C

Original Poster
At the store, he eats his veggies quite well. I've seen him eat :) Butbyes, he will prefer bugs :)

Oh! I use the Imgur to upload my pictures. Then I copy paste the image link (has to end with .jpeg) and use the Img code that's available on the options on top :)

Then you past the picture link between the codes. Like this

[ img] link [/ img] (without the spaces)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubhomes1
Top Bottom