Hello folks... Q about tile dimensions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Hi, It's been a while since Iv'e been here... I got my Beardie back in spring of 2010 sort of a rescue situation... and He's (KUMANOKO) been doing pretty great ever since.

I've toyed around with the idea of getting tile substrate since then and even attempted a few times... Never got around to it for one reason or another.... I either couldn't find the surface i wanted or I couldn't figure out the proper dimensions....

I'm looking for some help with this. I have the standard largest tank that Petco has. 40 x...?
Anyway does anyone know the dimensions and how many tiles i need so i can go right to Home Depot/Lowes and grab some to swap out this dusty sand? I'm just tired of being concerned over him eventually getting any respiratory issues and it's essentially much cleaner.... I also think i may be allergic to the sand dust....

I've researched around and I can't quite get a consistent measurement. Any and all help/input/FYI's is incredibly appreciated!! :)

Thanks!!

Here's a pic of the little fella...

Kuma thanks yoU! :D
2v3sg9h.jpg

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I don't know what size you need but I know that tiles are great. I use them and it keeps the nails filed and clean up is easy. You shouldn't use sand it can cause impaction

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
You really do need to measure the insides of the tank side to side and front to back.

Just because a tank is supposed to be a (for example) 36x18, it might actually be like 35 1/2" on the insides.

Measure the insides and then try to get the natural slate tiles (they are great, no slipping around and they help
to keep little beardie dagger-nails filed down). The base size for the slate tiles is usually 12"x12".

You'll most likely need some of them cut down to fill in the remaining space after using several 12x12's
SOME home depot and lowes will cut tiles for you. You'll have to call around and ask, some of them do it
and others don't (the one here by me doesn't do it anymore, but the one across town will). Otherwise,
it takes a wet saw (tile saw) to cut those things cleanly.

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Oh my goodness... Do you know the morph of your Beardie or is that picture edited? Incredible blue in his colors! :blob5:

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ashleydmj":2cyxm1na said:
Oh my goodness... Do you know the morph of your Beardie or is that picture edited? Incredible blue in his colors! :blob5:

Pic is not edited... That's not blue either i thinks its the lighting that made it look slightly blueish....

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So i got the dimensions i need...4@ 8 1/2' x12' 2@ 81/2' x 10'

anyway, I kinda have a concern with these slate tiles... some of them have littler open pores/cracks.... Do i need to worry about my beardier hurting himself on these tiles and or losing a finger by getting his nails hooked in one of these little holes/crevices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom