hello again! in need of advise~

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumorDragon

Hatchling Member
I dont know how many of you guys would remeber me but me and Dibl have been on a long break from this site... but I needed to get some questions answered and thoughts shared.
-Dibl's light broke last week and I need to get him both a new bulb and the thing to hold it in (sorry, I tend to sound more inteligent when I am not quite as tired...) I am a bit short on chash now, does anyone have suggestions? I dont need a D3 thing for him since it is not cold at all here and pretty sunny.

- I will hopefully be attending college next semester, problem, the college is up north... My mom and sis seem willing to take care of him during my schooling but I am wondering if bringing him up with me for at least the last couple years would be a wise decision.

Thank you for reading this~

Livey

Extreme Poster
A normal light bulb would be ok i guess.
And if you no anything about electrics you could wire a ceramic lamp holder in.? there pretty cheap! :)

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Like Livey said, any normal incandescent bulb will work as your basking bulb. You can get a metal dome clamp light at Wal Mart for $10.

But you absolutely need a "D3 thing" (UVB bulb). It doesn't matter that it's sunny unless you are outside with your dragon the majority of the day. An hour or so won't cut it. Windows filter UVB, so putting him in the window won't work either. The UVB is ESSENTIAL to your dragon's well being.

I would vote for taking him with you if your college dorm allows it. You are likely to take better care of him and spend more time with him than your family, as well-intentioned as they may be.

HumorDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok, I will look for a ceramic holder when I head over to home depot (wheneve my next outing trip may be, lol)
Sad thing, I would take Dibl to college with me but for the fact we are only allowed to have fish there... (interesting rule but I can understand it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom