HEEELLPPP!!!!!! Dragon congested digestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
helpp.... i'm new to caring dragons

it seems today i see my dragon stomach is very bloated, so usually he will go dumping the "stuff" but today i see her constipate very hard, until her both legs go up, but still she can not do it, so i leave it because i must go to work, so in the afternoon, when i see her cage's i see the "stuff" scattered all around the cage (usually there only in one place), and i see also some cricket not fully digested,.....

so is it my dragon sick ??????? need help, until now already 4 days she not do the "stuff"

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Ok,let me see if I can help. What are the temps in your tank? Beardies need a temp of 100-110 to be able to properly digest their food.If I understood correctly,it has been 4 days since your dragon pooped correct? PLease get your dragon into a bath of warm water,about what you would bathe a baby in,and let your dragon soak for about 20 minutes while gently rubbing the right side of the belly from the "Armpit" to the vent area.You can also get canned pumpkin or unsweetened applesauce and mix just a drop og mineral oil or olive oil in it and get your dragon to lick some of it from a spoon,or you can get a needleless syringe on feed some of the mixture to your baby. You can also get pedialyte and mix into this solution or a little water to thin it out.

AMHaak

Juvie Member
If the "stuff" is in pieces it maybe because he she ran through the "stuff". When I use to feed my beardie cricket he would have pieces of crickets in his "stuff", so I don't know if this is bad or not. I never had any problems with my lizard. As for the not going my suggestion would be to give her a baby warm bath and rub her belly from top to bottom. Then I would try to feed her baby food. I usually feed mine either the green bean, veal, or chicken. This will help to get some liquids in her. I hope this helps a little bit. I am sure some one else will be able to help you more, but this info should get you by for now.

Jazzcoutique

Original Poster
hi thx for answering, i never give a bath to my dragon before, maybe i try tomorrow, this is the funny thing... before i use my 40 watt lamp for her basking lamp and the temp shows at 32-33 degree Celcius, and she love to basking with that light, and because i read in the forum, the ideal temp for Dragon is 40-45 degree celcius, so i change the basking lamp to 50 watt, and now the temperature shows 42-43 degree celcius, but she never go to the basking spot, i dunno why, should i change back my lamp to 40 watt ? but only give the temp about 32-33 degree celcius...

please help i'm very confuse...

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
What are you using to take those temps? and where exactly are you measuring. If you are using a dial type thermometer they can be up to 20 degrees off. You need a digital one with a probe, then you put the probe directly under the bulb where they bask and leave it for 30 min at least to get an acurite reading.

Hope this helps!

Jazzcoutique

Original Poster
i'm measuring exactly under the basking spot, and i'm using mercury thermometer not dial thermometer, so do you think i should change my lamp to 40 watt again ?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Is it a normal houshold one then? Like i said the only one you can really be sure of are the digital ones, they are not expensive at all and give you a nice clear readout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nohupics
Top Bottom