Heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamoose

I'm going to admit, I did just get my dragon 2 days ago. So obviously I'm worried about everything, so I have a ton of questions but I'll just ask the most important. I've read online on a variety of websites that a dragon's basking spot should be 100-110°F, the cooler side should be 75-85°F, and at night overall temp should be 65-75°F. Yet the thermometer on the hotter side says 92°F and the cooler side says 72°F. I have two heating lamps in there, one is 100w, and is directly above the highest point in the vivarium. The other is on 24/7; it's 150w, and right next to the other heating lamp. It's a 40 gallon tank, also near a window (sun never shines through it though). Am I doing something wrong?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The temperatures you listed are correct, so I'd shoot for that. What kind of thermometer are you using? You want accurate readings of the surfaces so I suggest a digital thermometer with a probe or an IR temp gun for best results. Do you have a UVB light? The basking and UVB lights should be on together for about 12 hrs give or take a couple depending on your schedule every day. You don't need nighttime heat/lighting if the temps in the tank stay above 65 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom