Heat problems Over - YAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Just a quick update to let all know that I have finally got Basil's basking spot temps right! I have been sick with worry these past few days and have only been kept sane by the help and friendliness of all on this forum :) I have installed his new fake rock and he has been sitting on his basking spot lapping up the heat. I have even managed to get the cool end at the right temps! woot woot! :blob5: I cannot begin to describe how happy I am right now *huge cheesy grin*

Still have repti glo uvb though (despite scouring pet/reptile shops in the north east) :( But I am ordering a repti-sun online right now and it should arrive in a couple of days. That's the only fly in an otherwise wonderfully smelling ointment :D Hopefully his appetite will return in a day or so once he has settled into his new environment.

Thanks all who helped with advice and everyone else on this amazing forum! (ok I shall stop now before you all wonder what I have been taking ;))

LennyTheLizardKing

Juvie Member
DoubleJ":3lw9wdti said:
Just a quick update to let all know that I have finally got Basil's basking spot temps right! I have been sick with worry these past few days and have only been kept sane by the help and friendliness of all on this forum :) I have installed his new fake rock and he has been sitting on his basking spot lapping up the heat. I have even managed to get the cool end at the right temps! woot woot! :blob5: I cannot begin to describe how happy I am right now *huge cheesy grin*

Still have repti glo uvb though (despite scouring pet/reptile shops in the north east) :( But I am ordering a repti-sun online right now and it should arrive in a couple of days. That's the only fly in an otherwise wonderfully smelling ointment :D Hopefully his appetite will return in a day or so once he has settled into his new environment.

Thanks all who helped with advice and everyone else on this amazing forum! (ok I shall stop now before you all wonder what I have been taking ;))
Nice im waiting on a reptisun 36" aswell. Should be here on the 16th which is tomorrow..

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just can't believe how hard it is to get one. Nobody ever seems to have them in stock. Next time I intend to order one a month before I actually need it, should be a smooth switch over then. :)

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Is that a UK site? I actually got mine from ebay this time and the price wasnt too bad.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yup I live in the UK. Ebay seems to pretty good for reptisun and its recorded delivery as well so I am pleased :) Will see how long it takes to arrive and then I know what sort of margin I have to order the next one. Or I could stalk the shops and the moment they have reptisun tubes buy up the whole lot! lol I had seriously considered it at one point as I was sooo frustrated. Now if I can just get Basil eating again I will relax completely.

Off to bathe him now. :D

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
that's great that you got everything figured out! :)

DoubleJ":19pwogiv said:
I just can't believe how hard it is to get one. Nobody ever seems to have them in stock. Next time I intend to order one a month before I actually need it, should be a smooth switch over then. :)
i actually ordered 2 originally so i'd have the next one ready to go when it's time to change. and then, i plan to order another one when i start using the second one. it feels much better having a spare ready to go at all times :)

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Good plan. I shall definitely be doing that. Peace of mind - you can't beat it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom