Health concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
my bearded dragon had a fall today, he had a gasping sound, almost like a cough that I noticed as I bathed him. I was wondering is this something i should be concerned with. He was just laying down after. Once I took him out of bath I didn't notice any more coughing he went right to sleep

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
my bearded dragon had a fall today, he had a gasping sound, almost like a cough that I noticed as I bathed him. I was wondering is this something i should be concerned with. He was just laying down after. Once I took him out of bath I didn't notice any more coughing he went right to sleep
Is he black bearding? How far did he fall and what did he fall into? Carpet hard floor?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He did have a black beard but he had that before then his enclosure has tile floors I would guess about 8"
Ok so please go over the uvb coil or tube fixture? Basking temps how are you taking them? No stickons and No coils for a uvb- I can help w/all this+- he's probably ok just watch his behavior

Thundercat48

Original Poster
He has two uvb t5ho florescent lights over his cage, I'm in the process of moving them inside. He has
a new cage that he's been in about two months. I use a temperature gun read his temperature in basking areas. I keep them between 95 and 102. The ledge to the right where skull is where he fell from

Attachments

• 20210920_105519.jpg
    20210920_105519.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210919_175105.jpg
    20210919_175105.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 63

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He has two uvb t5ho florescent lights over his cage, I'm in the process of moving them inside. He has
a new cage that he's been in about two months. I use a temperature gun read his temperature in basking areas. I keep them between 95 and 102. The ledge to the right where skull is where he fell from
Ok I would remove the skull if he was on it and fell from it -- next you only need one of the UVB fixtures - distance 12-15 inches inside the tank directly over the basking decor piece --- he has a nice tank --- I would also get a digital probe thermometer they are more accurate than your IR gun--- I would get 2-3 for the size of your tank - you want ambient temps in the middle of the tank around 90's or so --- keep an eye on his behavior -- if he starts sporting a black beard in the next day or so you might look at getting him into the vet --- also if he stops eating anything out of the ordinary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom