Head turned black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damieboo

Hatchling Member
I feel like there's always something with Panoodle...I don't know what her care was before we got her, or how old she is.

A couple weeks ago her left hand swelled up and she was limping on it. I let it be and it got better on its own after a week. Now she's limping again but with her left knee, which is turning gray for a shed. I touched it and it's squishy, like there's no knee there at all, whereas her right knee is hard. Not sure if she's losing bone density in her knee or if it's just swollen and I can't tell. But what's more concerning is, the right half of the top of her head turned black yesterday. It almost looks like another beardie bit her. But she was in her tank all day yesterday and didn't move from the spot. So it's not a burn (she couldn't get close enough to her light even if it was), it couldn't possibly be a bite, and she couldn't have fallen and bumped it, because she stayed in one spot. It's stayed this color for over 24 hours. Could this be bleeding under the skin? I've touched it and I don't know if it hurts her because she doesn't really like being touched on the head to begin with.

NtSvlZH.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a couple more, even closer ? Is it possible that it's an uneven shed , or is there anything that dirty she could have gotten in to ? I highly doubt it's an injury.....pretty sure it's going to shed. Sometimes jusat a patch will go like that, looks crazy though when it does. I've seen my beardie look like Phantom of the opera before.

Damieboo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The scales don't look translucent like the start of a shed. The small shiny area near her ear is just some watermelon juice from the other night. My camera made it look more gray then it really is, it's more of a black color. I've seen Damien's nose turn completely white before but I've never seen their scales turn black like this. Very weird.

VlHn0Nd.jpg

Damieboo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The spot has turned gray and a little translucent so I think you were right about it being a weird shed. But noooow...Panoodle's right front foot is swollen, just like her left foot was a month ago. I think it is gout. It sucks, she didn't have any problems the first 2 months we had her, and I was only feeding her 2-3 superworms every 1-2 days and greens/fruit took up the rest of her diet but maybe that's still too much protein. I wonder if her previous owners only gave her bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom