Head Scratching & scalling on nose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomommi

Hey Guys,
Ollie is now 8 inches and has grown 2 inches in less than a month! I guess she is happy and healthy. I looked through the threads for an answer to a scalling question. Ollie is rubbing her head back and forth on a rock and has a couple of dry scales sluough off of her nose area.
when do they start there first molt? Sorry for the wrong terms I can't remember the correct name for the shedding of the dead skin. I also am a horrific speller. I think it is because I am an adult with terrible ADHD and dyslexia. Sorry to all of the teachers out there. We need spell check on the posting program! LOL
We bathe her every other day and usually spray her on the off days. She loves to soak and swim in the tub. (I think) So I am sure she is hydrated enough. Y'all have any ideas??
Thanks, and Happy New Year!!
zoomommi
:roll:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Well I can't give you an exact age on when they first start shedding(I believe that's the term you're looking for).
They shed when they grow. You said your beardie has already grown two inches. Did you notice her shedding her skin? Baby bd's grow pretty fast and shed quite often.
They do rub their head/body on objects, because it itches. Giving baths is the best thing you can do for them when they are going thru a shed.

Dawn

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Your bathing schedule is great. Sounds like normal shed..a lot of them will rub on things when shedding. Fast growing babies can shed every 4-6 weeks sometimes. And it's usually in patches, not all at once. Whatever you do, don't "help" the shed by peeling it off!

Pleaides

Juvie Member
sounds like your lil beardie is shedding, they shed more so when their younger as their growing at a faster rate and simply outgrow their skins, just make sure you dont pull any off, it should be completely dried out and raised when its ready to come off or you may damage the new scales underneath.
good luck on your lil one and congrats on
his growth spurt! :D

zoomommi

Original Poster
OK, Ollie is in a full scale de'scaleing!! Her tale is "degloving" I know not to help it along, but it is like picking peeling sunburned skin, hard not to pull it off! Her skin underneath is so healthy and vibrant and soft!
zoomommi
:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom