Head moving up and down?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eraston

i'm not sure if this si serious, but i havent seen him do this before.

My beardie (Angel) is nearly a year old now, and a beauty he is.

Over the last 2-3 days i've noticed him bouncing his head up and down every 7-8hours or so.

he moves it up and down for about 10secs and then stops, after then hes as normal as ever.

He seems to be eating like a champ! all his lighting is alright and his tank is(or i bealive it is) at the right temps.

If this is serious, please help me.

Thanks a bunch!,
Joe

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Does he have his mouth open when his head is bobbing up and down? If not, then there's nothing to worry about. He's probably learning how to head bob - which is a natural beardie behavior when they're annoyed, aggravated, or just plain angry.
How fast are the head bobs? Slow, almost like he's nodding?

Eraston

Original Poster
yea its like he was nodding at me, and no his mount is closed when he does it.

could it be a sign that he needs a bigger tank? i just bought him a new one but the sucker is growing fast!

peera

Sub-Adult Member
It's probably nothing. Gibby even head bobs at my hair sometimes. It's possible he needs more room, how big is your tank? But that's probably not why he's doing it, he probably just saw his reflection and was thinking it was another dragon.

Eraston

Original Poster
He just did it again! (he did it when i first made this post)

and i just remembered, his BEARD (the bottom of his mount) has been all black for several days now while the rest of his body is as beautiful as a flower.

and his head "bobs" are about 1 sec apart and take about a second to go up and down. dunno if thats fast or not.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Black bearding is also normal behaviour for males, although if it's been black that long, something is seriously pissing him off (although I've never had a male going through puberty, which may be what it is). The only time Gibby's been black for that long is when I first brought Dora home, and he was pissed off at me because I wouldn't let him "get with" her.

Eraston

Original Poster
maybe hes horny? x.X to bad they dont sell mature dragons here or i'd buy a female and see what happends...;\

just took things out of his tank that he has never set foot on to give him more room, see if that helps.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Eraston":8a9a2 said:
maybe hes horny? x.X to bad they dont sell mature dragons here or i'd buy a female and see what happends...;\

just took things out of his tank that he has never set foot on to give him more room, see if that helps.

What would happen is you'd have more dragons and more issues than you could deal with at the moment. Breeding is not a "Lets just see what happens" thing. It is a commitment that one has to be ready for.

They are solitary creatures and should be kept as such. He does not need a friend in his tank with him. That would just upset him even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kay.marie
Top Bottom