He won't stop sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeaston16

HI,

i have had a bearded dragon for about three years now. she is a girl and layed eggs last year. Her temperature and UV are correct

she woke up from brumation about one month ago and was doing perfectly fine. She was climbing the glass but we put a section of substrate in there thinking she just needed to lay eggs. so far nothing and she has had some small poops beside that.

ok here is the problem. the past week she is sleeping during the day and night. she is only awake for about 2 hours a day before she hides and sleepings. Last night I woke her up to make sure she wasn't dead and she flared up at me. I have woken her before and she has never done that.

should I take her to the vet? I am concerned about her. she was a rescue from the pet store so I wouldn't be surpised if she was sick. could she be impacted?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If shes pooping shes not impacted --- your gonna haft to go over the lighting in the tank --- what are you using for a UVB ? coil or tube? What are your basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate and only give ambient temps--- in the 2 hrs of the day she is awake what is she doing ? What is she eating ? Is she eating?
Karrie

eeaston16

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3qn0age8 said:
If shes pooping shes not impacted --- your gonna haft to go over the lighting in the tank --- what are you using for a UVB ? coil or tube? What are your basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate and only give ambient temps--- in the 2 hrs of the day she is awake what is she doing ? What is she eating ? Is she eating?
Karrie

my lighting is correct. 100 degree basking spot and a tube UVB that is changed out every 6 months. she is just sitting on her basking log. for all that she is eating she really isn't pooping as much as she usually does. I take the temperature with a thermometer gun. she is eating reptilinks two times a week and her normal salad (of approved bearded dragon veggies) 6 times a week.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So your uvb is a T 5 or T 8? What are reptilinks? Lighting has a big deal w/ their behavior that's why all the questions- sorry-
Karrie

eeaston16

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1yh03hoo said:
So your uvb is a T 5 or T 8? What are reptilinks? Lighting has a big deal w/ their behavior that's why all the questions- sorry-
Karrie

it is a T8. and reptilinks are processed meat for them that you reheat and feed them. It is completely safe and the website has amazing reviews.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have never heard of it interesting--- :) ok so your T 8 is inside the tank? or on top of screen and the plastic cover is off the fixture correct-?
Karrie

eeaston16

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3gx8tvm3 said:
I have never heard of it interesting--- :) ok so your T 8 is inside the tank? or on top of screen and the plastic cover is off the fixture correct-?
Karrie

it is inside of the tank and the cover is off. I really really know that the lighting isnt the problem. He has thrived with this type of lighting for four years now.

I am just going to take him the the vet... thanks anyway

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok -- the lighting is good-- that is the first thing we try and rule out--- as long as he's pooping eating and basking I really don't know what the issue could be-- some others in here might have some ideas for you
Karrie

SPandS

Juvie Member
Is it a he or a she? First it's a she who you've had for 3 years and laid eggs last year but then it changes into a he that you've had for 4 years. Just want to make sure it's the same dragon you're asking about. I know answering questions about lighting can be tedious but it's hard for us to try figuring out what's going on if we don't know the full story. I have never heard of those reptilinks either so I just looked them up. Personally I wouldn't ever use them for a bearded dragon when there are so many fresh options available. I also don't like the idea of feeding rabbit to a dragon, seems very unnatural.

I do hope the vet finds out what the problem is and that it isn't anything serious and if you wouldn't mind could you come back and update us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom