He wont BASK!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
So I am starting to worry about my little man Sakari. I changed up his cage set up because he is now about 6-7 inches long and I wanted him to have more floor space. I have a 40g breeder tank. He has had run of the whole tank practically since I got him. About a week ago I had a large perch that was supposed to be upright but I had it on its side and it was taking up WAY to much room. So I stood it up. Up until 3 days ago Sakari was always in his basking spot. At night he would climb up the perch to sleep. Now when up in the morning he is STILL up on the perch. Every not and then he is on the basking spot but not very often. I don't know if I should feed him if he hasn't basked or what.
Temps are fine.
Cool side is 78 hot side is 91 basking temp is 108.9 and fluctuates depending on where he is on the basking area. It has a range of 98-109.3 but where he normally lays is 108.9.
He is eating every day, he is hydrated and he is pooping 1-2 times a day. He has no bumps or lumps the only thing is he is in SHED.
Is it normal for a baby beardie to take time off from the basking spot. Should I feed him if he hasn't basked? I dont know what to do.
I feed him phoenix worms and was told not to dust those with calcium because they are perfect. I give him vitamins 3 times a week. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME I AM GETTING WORRIED ABOUT HIM. :shock: :cry:

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So in my effort of trying to pick him up to get him to bask, he climbed up on the basking spot so I left him alone. He is still their but I dont know how long he will stay.

Sheena

That's fine. Don't be surprised if he stops eating too, that's all part of the shedding behavior.

If hes not basking all the time, and just chilling at the cooler end and then going back up as he pleases its okay he is just thermoregulating his body to keep his core tempratures at the right levels. As for the dusting of the phoenix worms, I'm not too sure but I think you still need to dust them. Don't hold me to it, I don't have those in Aus but otherwise hes fine.Just wait in the mornings for him to warm up a little before feeding him.

Also what kind of UVB are you using? Is it a long tube or a coil one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom