He/She?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a lot of confusion over my Beardie being male or female. When I first got him, the breeder said that Zed was most likely a he (though he was only 1-2 months old which is way too early to tell). Anyway, I am going on holiday tomorrow and so I have taken him/her to a boarding center and the woman there had a look and said that Zed looks like both a boy and girl! I was just wondering if this was possible.. I've never heard of it before in reptiles but have seen it a few times before in other animals. He/she is just reaching sexual maturity now (which I am told is reason for his/her aggressive behaviour) and was thinking that maybe we'll have to wait until this stage has passed to get a real answer..
What does everyone else think?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
On one of the males I have had, he would show male clearly then this would recede and I was left puzzled, this happened 3 times till on the 3rd time he was always clearly male. I no longer have this dragon (RIP) but, I am sure there are some others on the site that might remember my confusion regarding Pulma's gender. :wink:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What made the other person think that Zed is both male and female?

Can you post up a picture of the tail bent back so we can see?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom