He pooped a whole worm

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hiccup has been doing great and eating very well. But for a while we ran out of the Phoenix worms so we were just feeding him crickets. But when we got a new batch he seemed to always want to eat a lot of them. After a few days we noticed he wasn't pooping so we were doing anything to help him poop rubbing his tummy and so forth. Well when he finally did poop it was diarrhea like and had a whole worm still in his poop. Well we fed him the crickets and worms for a bit longer and found he was still having diarrhea. So we stopped the worms the other day and are hoping this will return him to normal. Any suggestions??

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
If he still has diarrhea after a few days you may need to have him checked for parasites, especially if the poo doesn't return to normal after diet adjustment.

nmcnick

Im having the same exact issue and just came to post about it.. Weird.

My Beardie's stools are softer but not diahrrea-like. The thing is.. Multiple worms are coming out whole. This has happened for the last three times or so. He's doing a poor job chewing I'm sure as when I put them in his bowl I see him bite maybe once before then swallowing and he gets too excited. What should I do? He doesn't eat it if it's not alive and moving as I've tried cutting them. Should I try easier things to digest for awhile? Hornworms maybe?

Does my guy have a possibility of having parasites as well?

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
If his poo does not normalize he needs a fecal check for parasites. If the parasites are causing him to have the runs he will need to be treated.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
NMC, you may have to prick the worms with a needle to help with digestion. You can try dubia roaches or crickets in addition to the worms.

Hiccupthedragon

Original Poster
Ok so today with an update, his poop keeps getting softer.
He made sure that I was watching when he did and it was mush. It's been 2 days since I stopped the worms. a week since this has all started. Should I just see a vet?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It shouldn't be clear the room smelly and it shouldn't be loose for an extended period of time. Having a vet check a sample for parasites is probably a good idea.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
I would go ahead and get a fecal done. There should be form to the poo, not mush. It should smell some but not like "What the hell died in here?!"

You may want to get some probiotics such as Benebac or Nutribac and start him on those. Both can be found online and some times PetCo carries Benebac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom