He does not like to drink water...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cxerphax

Hatchling Member
I mist him everday 2 times and give him a bath about 2 or 3 times a week but i feel like he does not get enough water. His skin is sometimes like wrinkled up or as if someone pinched his skin and it stayed in the way the skin was pinched. When I mist him he doesnt lick up the water he just ever so slightly opens his mouth and maybe a trinket of water goes in there. Today I attempted to open his mouth to get water in there but he is very resistent he pulls his head away as I try to open his mouth. Anyone got any tips to get him to drink, I have tried the one where you just sprray their head with water until he drinks but it hasnt worked? Oh and i also want to find out how to get him to open his mouth because I bought him some reptaid and it nows seems apparent that it going to be hell getting him to drink that.

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
Hi our 2 beardies would never drink the mist either. The vet suggested 4 things that have always helped up through their 14 months.
~always keep a dish of clean water in their tank even though you never see them in it lol
~When you give veggies place a small ice cube in them, that will help keep the veggies fresh and also help hydrate them also their veggies help a ton in hydration
~Soak in warm bath several times a week at least for 15 minutes as they absorb through their skin, this is also very helpful when they are shediing
~ when you have your beardie out offer water off of your finger tips, I place the drops on the tip of their snout, they drink like crazy, check the water temp too. Our female loves to drink warm water while the male loves cold water.
As for our male he just stays hydrated and our female we always have kept an eye on her skin as soon as we can see a difference we push the bath and more off the finger tips.
I hope any or all of these are a help to you. As for opening their mouths I have no idea hopefully someone else can help with this..... :O)

cxerphax

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I give him warm water usually i guess I will try cold water 2morrow because hes sleeping right now. As for veggies he eat like 2 or 3 leaves of kale a day and that it so putting water on them wont help. He occasionally will swim but after about 12 mins he just keeps jumping out. But i guess I will get a bigger tub to soak him in that way he cant get out. Thankss for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom