he ate his greens!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
I grew some dakon radish greens for him and he is eating them by himself while overlooking the beardie bite croutons.... so i got him to eat his salad! i dont give radish greens or radish bites very often, in fact this is his first radish green salad and he seems to really like it! :D Mommy will grow him dandelion greens and is growing basil for him along with mint and other goodies. he also occasionally gets tomatoes, carrots, strawberries, and bananas and coming soon are blackberries grown wild in a pest free area.
ok he likes wild black berries too. i took out the bigger seeds.

GoneForLunch

Hatchling Member
Beardymama33":dmsm1bqq said:
along with mint and other goodies.

They can eat (and enjoy) mint leaves? My girlfriend is currently growing peppermint, chocolate mint, sweet mint, basil, cilantro, and something else I can't remember. But I'd love to see if Levi would eat chocolate mint or sweet mint. Would those be an okay thing for him to eat?

Also, Levi LOVES blackberries and grapes. He will accidentally eat so many greens going for the grapes. Or if i spread the juice out, he will intentionally munch the whole salad away.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Mint is safe for them. I use it as an accent on salads sometimes. It's not all that useful as a staple though.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":bfwkk12w said:
Mint is safe for them. I use it as an accent on salads sometimes. It's not all that useful as a staple though.
yup i use the mint ot accent his salads, more for when hes having tummy issues along with some basil, less when its just an accent. He LOVES peppermint,and radish greens, ill have some dandelions laid in soon grown from organic heirloom seeds. He also loves a bit of tomato and his beardie bites. Today i fed him around 10 ot 12 crickets, then offered him a beardie bite for desert and he ate it!! :D we all just have to figure out what they like, i did get a pic of his blackberry lipstick im gonna post latter.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
SDragons":1r09us0b said:
Really exciting.
yup its like getting a child to eat veggies, when they do you get the proud parent thing going on!!
86309-1170953736.jpg
one of my fave pics of him so far, he wanted me to walk away so he could eat the beardie bites without me watching...
86309-826681285.jpg
this is him after eating black berry bits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom