having trouble setting up uvb ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanchezjc

Hatchling Member
hi there reptile lovers. i am having trouble fixing up uvb t8 fixture inside the 40 gallan breeeder tank i tried useing the sticky strips they stick and work the the fixture is the problem there is a power button and cord that get in the way. so it wont stick flat on the tank thus not letting the sticky strips stick to the tank. can i set the fixture on top on the tank. because i am aware that the light must be within a foot of the anima. respond and give me some ideas thank you

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
You could get some hanging brackets and hang it inside the viv. Or just snip/bend a couple of coat hangers into uvb-hangers, like I did. ;) I've heard those 3M Command Hooks work really well too, plus they're easy to find. (The issue with setting it on top of the tank is that screen lids block a percentage of the UVB rays. I think about 30-50% gets blocked, depending on the size of the holes in the screen.)
Good luck! :)

jwideman

Hatchling Member
As long as it's not glass, it's okay, but because screen blocks up to 50%, you have to reduce the distance by that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom