Haven't bought it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cnochur

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
K- So I brought home a beardie; he's in the 10 gal with a lower wattage basking bulb- the Acurite digital probe thermometers indicate a 100-105 hot spot, a 75-80 cool spot.

He scared me tonight by leaping at (I think) his reflection and bouncing off the glass. Also when I turned off the light he freaked out and ran around pawing at the glass and bumping it. After about 15 minutes I found him with his belly, front legs, and chin up against the glass. I'm hoping he's asleep and not dead.

Helios does that...usually when the light is on....but he used to do it when the light was off when I first got him. He will also do it when I let him run around the house when he finds a wall. He will stay like that for a while sometimes, standing on his hind legs with his belly pressed to the glass/wall....not sure why he does it, but I figure if he gets uncomfortable then he will move. He still regularly bumps his nose to the glass...not real sure what's going with that either but I'm thinking that he sees something and wants to go after it....from where he is in the house he can see outside, and the dogs are pretty active inside so he's not just looking at an empty room.

Congrats on bringing it home!! confirmed male or still too soon to tell?

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
Congrats on the new baby! I'm addicted I now shop for bugs and think in beardie! Ahhh my poor kids!! Have fun enjoy the crazy sleeping positions! Post pics soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom