Have I caught an early stage of yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
I was outside with my dragon and I noticed discoloured scales towards the bottom of his belly, mainly a small patch of 3-4 scales with a yellowish colour,

8uTIhbJ.jpg

So I immediately brought him in for a bath, scrubbed his belly down to see if it'd come off but no avail.

fIcMY8y.jpg

He is in the middle of shedding his underside, would it be plausible that would be the cause of the discolouration of his scales?

*Edit: I've noticed similar discolouration on his back right foot, and a little bit behind his vent
M9Z54Ye.jpg

Please give me some information, I'm going nuts here as he's never been sick before :X

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That was one of my first guesses when I noticed the spots, but the colour really irks me the wrong way.
His behavior has been the same as usual, nothing weird. Poops once every 2 days, etc etc. His face is also beginning to shed as well, snout turned white.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
My last bearded dragon had issues with her shed around her tail and vent, if I didn't help her with some mineral oil it would build up and get a yellowish tint to it. That's what it looks like to me, but I've never experienced YF in person.

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for that :]
I've noticed something along the lines of that before, just a few slightly discoloured scales on his belly that looked like shed, though now like I said before, it's the colour that's irking me. If what I'm seeing now is the same, I'll find out in a couple days when he finishes shedding his belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom