Have a few questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is about 7 months old, and I have a few questions, answer if you can.
He's in a 20 gallon right now, we're about to get a 40 gallon, how much should I sell the 20 for?

I've seen that some beardies sleep during the day, but mine only sleeps at night, is this normal for his age and if so, do they sleep more when they get older?

His cage came with a UV (purple) light for night, but I read not to have any lights on at night, he seems to sleep fine even with it on, but still am not sure. Can someone please clear this up for me, also a few tips for good sleeping would be nice.

Thank you to all who help out! Quincy will love the help!

SukiLove

Juvie Member
I use no lights for nighttime, they don't really need it. Once they find a place to sleep they don't really move in my experience. Mine do not sleep during the day at all. When they are full grown some, but not all, will go into a brumation period during the winter months. It's when they basically sleep for weeks to a few months, but may wake up and eat a few bites and go back to sleep. For 7 months old, I wouldn't expect him to sleep during the day at all.

I can't really help too much with selling price, but if it's a front opening tank it will fetch a little higher price. But as used I wouldn't really want to pay too much for it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kay.marie
Top Bottom