Hatchling troubles.. sac not going away

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

Hatchling Member
So heres the story.
I have successfully hatched 60 ish eggs. This one egg was in my homemade incubator and had sunken in really bad and didn't hatch with the rest. So instead of running my incubator longer I removed the egg and placed it in a warm area. I assumed it wasnt gonna hatch.
well 15 days later, its head poked out. So i placed it inside its habitat, in side its container. So when it came out it would be safe.
It spent 3 days with its head just out. So i checked on it. It was on moist vermiculite but the egg shell was stuck hard to this guys head. I put a drop of warm water on the shell and gently removed it from the head. Nothing happened, no movement. I am thinking he is dead.
So i decided to look inside the shell gently to check for the sac or a whole body, i wanted to see if he was in good shape or deformed or what.
I gently tore the shell and then he gasped! ok. you are alive. So i put him back in his container and another 24 hours he came out.
Now his egg sac was still attached. I would have thought it would be gone. So he has been resting on a moist paper towel now.
its been another 2 days and he still has his sac. eyes open, very tiny. and there is some damage or maybe dirt or something on his head.

Any thoughts on how long this sac can stay? on the head mark?

img00897201110080739.jpg

By terranicholson at 2011-10-08
img00896201110080739.jpg

img00895201110080738.jpg

lizzywoodwardBD

Hatchling Member
I don't know about the head thing but the sack should dry up and fall off in a few days. I would just put him on paper towel in a normal cage and not soak the paper towel. He will start to run around and it will dry up and fall off and then he should start to eat, but offer food when he it being active even before the sack it off he might want to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom