Hasnt had a bite today**UPDATE Please Help **

Status
Not open for further replies.

jettasib

Got Toki on Monday
Using Heat lamp Basking spot is at 100-110 Degrees measured by dig probe Cool end is 80-85
ReptiGlo 10.0 Being replaced as soon as MegaRay arrives
has been eating 5-7 crickets a day with a few wax worms until today
wouldnt eat all day even if i held a waxworm right up to his mouth
**DAY 2**
STILL not eating or showing a remote interest in food took him outside and he LOVED it he was licking the air and was very perky
very worried though since this is second day without food!!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
It's likely that Toki is going through relocation stress.
There are a couple of things you can improve, however. First, the repti-glo 10.0 is not a good bulb. Here is a link about that:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=101703&p=793076&hilit=ReptiGlo+10.0#p793076.
The best UVB bulb is the reptiSUN 10.0 TUBE. Compacts are no good.
Also, wax worms should only be given as a treat because they are very fatty. Be aware that some dragons refuse other foods after having waxworms.
Sara
**edit** forgot to say cogratulations on your new beardie!

jettasib

Original Poster
Yes i purchased the MegaRay MVB Bulb and it SHOULD arrive tomorrow
i just dont understand why he stopped eating today and ate yesterday and the day before
thanks for the quick reply = )

jettasib

Original Poster
In addition he just had diarhea normal color and urate in it but now he seems active and more perky

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Relocation stress is actually usually worse the 2nd and 3rd days. I wouldn't worry about one instance of diarrhea, but if it keeps happening, you may want to have a fecal exam done. Diarrhea can also be caused by lettuce. Go ahead and keep the repti-glo 10.0 off until you get the megaray. They are fine for even 2 weeks without it and no UVB is better than bad UVB. Also, are you aware of "burning-in periods" on MVBs?
Sara

jettasib

Original Poster
yes and i will be monitoring the temps of the MVB every 20 minutes the first 3 or 4 days and adjusting height accordingly
thank you for putting me at ease i was very concerned
-John

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Most people burn it in outside of the tank because the temps can be extremely high from what I've heard. Again, havn't used them myself.
Sara

jettasib

Original Poster
**DAY 2**
STILL not eating or showing a remote interest in food took him outside and he LOVED it he was licking the air and was very perky
very worried though since this is second day without food!!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Sorry, I was out of town. I still think it is relocation stress, but I know that its worrisome. For now, you can offer some babyfood (chicken, turkey, squash). The best way to do this is to warm it up just a tad bit in the microwave then use an eye dropper or needless syringe to drip it onto her nose. Most beardies then lick it off. You can also order worms form http://www.mulberryfarms.com or http://www.phoenixworms.com. Phoenix worms are supposed to be very good for picky eaters. I'm not sure how big your dragon is, so I don't know if any other worms are appropriate for her size.
Sara

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
settling in can take some babies 2-3 weeks and they can stop eating altogether for quite a while, if he's not eating after a couple of week then it might be a good idea get a reptile vet to check him over.

for a while when he was settling in Trevor would only eat when I wasn't there - try feeding him and leaving the room for a few minutes if he doesn't eat straight away when you feed him

keep offering both live food and veg, make sure he isn't on loose substrate (sometimes they can eat it and get impaction which will stop them eating) and try to relax - as long as he's alert and basking he should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom