Has anybody used store-bought Rosemary & Mint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone had bought herbs from the store and added them to your beardies' greens? The ones we found aren't the type you have to grow or anything, they are just in a plastic "zip-loc" type bag. I'm not familiar with fresh herbs, but they look really good (compared to the collard, mustard, & turnip greens we have to pick through for hours :angry5: ). I just want to make sure they are safe, because I know the ones you "plant" you have to wait 6-8 weeks or something before feeding them to your beardies because of pesticides...I just wanted to make sure these weren't the same way (we wasted money if they are, but oh well...we tried).
Oh, BTW, they'll still be getting their other greens...just wanted to try something new. :wink:
Abi

actually i've tried basil, rosemary, and mint mixed in with arena's salad and she's eaten all of them, those ones you mention in a zip loc-type bag... but then again she has yet to turn down anything

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I got my baby to eat a piece of parsley once. This was right after we got her, and she wouldn't eat any greens.. I was trying everything!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Two of Jasper's favourite foods were fresh basil and fresh chives. I just got them in a little plastic container, washed them really well, and let him chow down. Both basil and chives gave him interesting breath. :bleick: :lol:

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Jasper's Mom":7d0b5 said:
Two of Jasper's favourite foods were fresh basil and fresh chives. I just got them in a little plastic container, washed them really well, and let him chow down. Both basil and chives gave him interesting breath. :bleick: :lol:

That's funny. One of the best things we humans can do for breath is eat raw basil! I don't know about chives... hehe

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jasper's Mom":43690 said:
Bad breath? Hmm...I think we'll stay away from those two lol.

Thanks everybody. :D I'll find out here in a few hours if they like either one...they can be picky about their greens :roll: .
Abi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom