Happy Pets? yeah right....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hello
i need to rant again! we dont have a petco or petsmart here in southeast england but instead we have a shop called Happy Pets in thornwood, essex, i went there a few weeks ago and they had several buby dragons in one small viv today i went there and theres only 2 but i bet they were not sold...
i only got a few pictures with my camera phone so excuse the poor quality but straight away there are numerous things wrong and its the same mistakes most pet stores make and yet there soo simple!
now when i first saw them the red light was not on, it was on by the time i left but still a red light during the day???
also i know for a fact that their using the reptiGLO 10.0!
the babies are on sand, havent a clue what kind but still, sand is sand in my eyes.
loads of insect parts and dried poop everywhere in the sand, not to mention a very questionable big cricket leg was also in there, a leg that looked like it belonged to a cricket way way too big for such a small dragon and everytime i do see the dragons in this shop they never seem to have any greens nor any supplements.
both dragons had nips at the end of their tails and one also has 2 missing digits.
and they seem to have very dirty water!
i hate places like this and am fed up with seeing lil dragons like this in this particular shop!
oh also no temperatures were being taken!!! :banghead: :banghead: i searched everywhere and could not see a probe anywhere inside this viv nor can i see a temperature or humidity reading anywhere else in or around the viv. :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

heres the pics
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/pleaides/snakes/****ty%20pets/****typets2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/pleaides/snakes/****ty%20pets/****typets.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/pleaides/snakes/****ty%20pets/****typets4.jpg

*sigh* wanna save all the dragons of the world....

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
I have seen MUCH worse! The fact they have a UV source and a basking bulb puts them WAY ahead of the game. Also, the repti-glo 10.0 tube isn't the best idea....but its not horrible (its the compact lights that pose the risk).
Thats also playsand they are using....MUCH better than vita-sand/calci-sand so often used in big name pet stores. Those "babys" are also much bigger than the typical 1 week old I see at petco's near me.

Hell, I have seen worse setups on these boards.

I wouldn't want my dragons in that tank, but like I said...I have seen much worse in various pet stores.

Agrannus

I have to tend to agree there are some pet stores that should have their license revoked. Our local for about 2 weeks while they put some pythons in their cage they moved a pair of adult beardies in a 12" by 12" cages one in each. I felt so bad for them even inquired about buying them just to get them out of course i was told they were the store breeders and were only being kept in their NO UVB by the way either until the pythons took care of buisness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom